How much is a re-spray?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tobyt25
80-90 Mem No: 0

How much is a re-spray?

Post by Tobyt25 »

Once the summer is over and I've had a few trips away I'm planing on getting all the rust/bodywork repaired and get a full re-spray.

Ive got a family friend who is going to tackle the bodywork. Anyone got a ball park figure of what i should expect to pay for a re-spray?

And recommendations of where to get it done, preferably in the Midlands or not far from the Midlands.

steveo3002
80-90 Mem No: 17509

Re: How much is a re-spray?

Post by steveo3002 »

its one of those how long is a peice of string questions really

how rough is the van

how nice do you want it

who's doing the work

blow over in a farm yard with some rubbish paint £5-600

rusty van turned to pristine show standard could over £5000
88 polo , 89 golf gti16v , 91 golf g60

jimpainter
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by jimpainter »

Whs ^^^

Depends what you want, how much prep you want to do yourself (helps keep cost down) but if the prep is bad it could cost more for someone to get it right, so if your not sure best to leave it. Then you gloss or metallics, which will up the costs. There is a lot to think about when quoting for paint, plus your budget. Can you afford to pay for the finish you want? Etc etc

Jim
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

@Tobyt25, Jim cannot say on here, bad forum etiquette and all that, but he is likely not too far from you, in Crewe and I can recommend him as an honest trader who would likely look at your van and give his opinion and maybe even a quote (though I know he is always busy).

Note I am not connected with him, other than as a satisfied customer (a rare thing in the world of bodywork and paint !)
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here