Body Panel Schematic drawings

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

paulrosthorn
80-90 Mem No: 0

Body Panel Schematic drawings

Post by paulrosthorn »

Hi guys first time poster and proud owner!
Just bought a 1981 T25 and have started to strip it down to bare bones before restoring it properly.
Every man and his dog has had a go at the bodywork in the past and its bodged beyond belief with 7 layers of paint, wadges of filler and bits of galv on the bodywork so new panels all round.
The chassis apart from the inner sills and mountings for the trailing arm seems ok but need to get it up in the air next week.
Anyone know where i can get a detailed drawing showing all the separate body panels with more detail than the parts suppliers online such as justkampers etc?
I bought a maintenance disc off fleabay which is OK for mechanical parts but no info on the bodywork.
Big job but looking forward to getting stuck in.
cheers.
My Gaffer when i was an apprentice used to say RUST IS OUR ENEMY With my van he`s not wrong!!

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Body Panel Schematic drawings

Post by CovKid »

Bentley manual I think. Been a while since I looked at the body section but I think it was fairly comprehensive. In the end though, you just worm your way in and figure it out :)
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Also, start by posting good pics of the pertinent areas as you'll get good advice on how to approach each area.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

as said^^^ decent working picks of what you have as were too busy to be guessing ,and jk are ok for some parts but again show us what you have and we go from there
mm

RedGus
80-90 Mem No: 11893

Post by RedGus »

There are plenty of images like this of the body panels (and all the other components) on vagcat.com:

You need to register to see part numbers etc, but it's quick and free to do so. Very useful site.
1982 Aircooled 2.0 CU Devon poptop

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

Cheers guys I've ordered the manual on eBay and will post some pics when I get a chance
Been working late but got Friday aft and sat to set to and start stripping
My Gaffer when i was an apprentice used to say RUST IS OUR ENEMY With my van he`s not wrong!!

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

Guys i`m probably just being thick but how do i post photos??
just keeps trying to load and wont attach.
Possibly file to big ?

Any help welcome.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

lAST PERSON TO ADVISE ON WIRE WIZARDRY BUT.......................locks off :oops:
if on pee bucket then click on IMG then rht click and copy then when you write the blurb on here you just rht click and paste,
the thing is ,the suppliers of panels will shoow what they have soo not much need for the rest as they are not available but you will have your agenda :D so up with the picks and lets see where were heading
mm

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

Bloody iPad

I'll have a go tomorrow on my PC at work !!

Wychall
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 9841

Post by Wychall »

Paul, you have a PM.
South African 1991 2.5i Microbus - now sadly rehomed to pay for a Melco EMT16X Embroidery Machine.

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

hhaa,

Ive sussed it it wont let me cut and paste but resized the photos and were flying!

3 Days in and this is what we have got.
rust and rot on all the posts and members but cutting back and cleaning up as we go.
IMG_1689 (250x188).jpg
Whats the best way to get rid of schultz ive been using a hi temp hot air gun but am tempted to get the burning gear out as its driving me nuts.
Bodyfiller in the outriggers covered all over with black crap and seam sealer everywhere.
But on the plus side ive actually found some clean steel when ive stripped it off.

IMG_1700 (188x250) (75x100).jpg
IMG_1689 (250x188).jpg

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

IMG_1704 (100x75) (2).jpg
IMG_1703 (250x188) (100x75).jpg
No stopping us now!

Engine coming out next week and start stripping the engine bay so i can see whats going on.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

good fun , how are you doing the picks as they could do with making bigger,im the last to advise :lol: hate lecky
but this shows the side your doing now, did you make a reference for the arm location?
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=110336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mm

paulrosthorn

Post by paulrosthorn »

I'll play with the picture size I use a PC everyday at work so the iPad is only used for light browsing of the interweb

Made a sheet template for the posts and took some dims but there was about 15 mm of filler on the bottom of the panels when I cut them out.

Going to dry fit the parts and make sure they are in line.
That's the thing that most bothers me I want it dead straight.

And I want rid of the Schultz it's a horrible mess and I know it's hiding lots of nasties !