JK Window Seals.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

evo12c
80-90 Mem No: 0

JK Window Seals.

Post by evo12c »

Hi Guys, i am currently restoring my T25, after paint I have bought a complete set of window seal from JK. I have fitted many screens on other vehicles in the past with no problems. My father and I have managed to fit the rear screen after many attempts, the seal is extremely tight and we even damaged the paint at one point. We attempted to fit the front screen and after 3 hours gave up, my van is a high top converted panel van, we had to put the top of the screen in place first as the high top obstructed the screen if we placed the bottom of the glass in place first. Again this seal is extremely tight, no matter what we tried we could not get the seal to pull in fully. Im starting to think with so many seals available have I got the wrong one, are the JK seals known for causing these problems. Any advice would be appreciated .
Thanks

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: JK Window Seals.

Post by Plasticman »

yep they are krapp
fit veewib and return it to them for a refund and in future come here and show us picks of what your doing and why have you not been here :lol:
if its a panel van then i do a nice seal for the sides :wink:
mm

poshbuggers

Post by poshbuggers »

JK seals are too stiff and too thick. A friend of mine smashed his Bay window front screen trying to get one in with JK seals. Once he had some Heritage seals they felt like they were falling in.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

Many people, including myself have had issues with JK seals. Mine were factory window, some of the JK ones fitted but I had real issues with the rear window and I ended up cracking the inside skin of the double glazed window! :evil:

The window rubbers I have bought from here fitted really well. http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

agreed , try chris at
http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk/shop/contact.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for fr and rr screen seals
mm

evo12c

Post by evo12c »

Thanks Guys, im brand new to the T25 world. I have had the JK seals a while now, don't know were the receipt is. might just have to take the hit. I will look at suggested sights thanks.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

often easier,
and now you have the info to make life easier dont go hopping of........... :lol: bit of history would be good and picks of the van etc????????????????????
mm

jimpainter

Post by jimpainter »

I can recommend mick's seals for converted vans. :ok
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Not only are they a bad fit - they LOOK bad too. Windscreen one looks like it has thyroid problems. No idea where they originate (Mexico?) but I wish they'd stop selling them :evil:

Unfortunately people tend to buy them because they're cheaper but on something you hope never to have to fit again, it makes no sense to buy those.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.