towbar drop plate needed for rapido folding caravan ?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

flatnbroke
80-90 Mem No: 0

towbar drop plate needed for rapido folding caravan ?

Post by flatnbroke »

Hi all i have a caravelle 1987 with a standard towbar fitted .i want to tow my 1979 rapido folding caravan with it but not sure if a drop plate is needed , the caravan does have 10 inch wheels so is low down .many thanks
Spend it where you have to save it where you can.....

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Re: towbar drop plate needed for rapido folding caravan ?

Post by AdrianC »

flatnbroke wrote:Hi all i have a caravelle 1987 with a standard towbar fitted .i want to tow my 1979 rapido folding caravan with it but not sure if a drop plate is needed , the caravan does have 10 inch wheels so is low down .many thanks
Standard towball height is 350-420mm. I'd be surprised if your van's higher than that. I certainly wouldn't have thought ours was. My car trailer's on 145 x 10s, too, and that's just about bob-on behind the van.

(BTW, check your tyres - there's very few 10" on the market with proper trailer load ratings. My car trailer had _ancient_ Mini car tyres, with a totally inadequate rating! It's borderline, even with proper trailer tyres.)
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flatnbroke
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: towbar drop plate needed for rapido folding caravan ?

Post by flatnbroke »

Thats good to know!when i want new tyres i order them in advance as most places can get them,eventually!!! :ok
Spend it where you have to save it where you can.....