Will Vactan work?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wychall
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 9841

Will Vactan work?

Post by Wychall »

I am needing to tidy up the inner wings inside the engine compartment and was planning to use vactan during the process. However, I notice from their Ebay description that it is not recommended for sustained temperatures of 60c and over. Would this preclude it's use, especially in close proximity to the exhaust manifold? Has anyone used it in this area?
South African 1991 2.5i Microbus - now sadly rehomed to pay for a Melco EMT16X Embroidery Machine.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Will Vactan work?

Post by CovKid »

You'll be fine. Its when its used ON hot surfaces like exhaust that it'll be wasted. However, do make a good attempt at removing as much rust as you can first.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Wychall
Trader

Post by Wychall »

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a bottle so I can get cracking with it. :ok
South African 1991 2.5i Microbus - now sadly rehomed to pay for a Melco EMT16X Embroidery Machine.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

Remember to "decant" some out of the bottle and keep any contaminated left overs, and the brush, away from the "main" bottle ;) (sorry is you already knew that :wink: )
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

Wychall
Trader

Post by Wychall »

ghost123uk wrote:Remember to "decant" some out of the bottle and keep any contaminated left overs, and the brush, away from the "main" bottle ;) (sorry is you already knew that :wink: )

I was already aware, but need no apologies from someone sharing knowledge in order to be helpful.
Thanks John. :ok