Good (T25 sympathetic ) body shop?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ning
80-90 Mem No: 12066

Good (T25 sympathetic ) body shop?

Post by Ning »

I'm looking to freshen up the bus paint come autumn. Nothing serious. Stone chips/ check out cracked paint on seams. But would like to know I am using someone who will look to cure any rust issues- (You know don't you )- Rather than just blow over the top.
I know a really good sprayer. But he's more a accident repair wizard , than a body restorer.
Any recommendations in the Cambs/ North Herts/ Essex region would be gratefully received. For example Resto Custom Ltd ? Anyone experience of them ?
Thanks.

Sir Brixalot
80-90 Mem No: 8927

Re: Good (T25 sympathetic ) body shop?

Post by Sir Brixalot »

Is there any difference between repairing accident damage to age related damage?
Honorary "Dave" 

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

yes most shops can and do accident work, many shops try rot and fail dismally just look at "some" of the stuff that crops up on here and i speak with a hat other than the one i use on here :wink:
mm

JJJackson
80-90 Mem No: 11573

Post by JJJackson »

Isn't your bus the showing winning atlantic on Porsche rims? If it is it's one of my favourite buses around, looks the business :ok

Ning
80-90 Mem No: 12066

Post by Ning »

Thanks JJ Yes it is. But I managed to get a couple of severe stone chips.- I've had to replace the windscreen too due to another stone -. Also those concrete central barriers on the French auto routes get a build up of grit. Which creates a sand blasting effect when disturbed by other cars. It has been 7yrs since it had some work. Everyone says ignore the seams at your peril, and the paint has cracked on a couple. My TLC can only go so far.
Ok, I'll struggle on 'til lunge time!

1990 Atlantic Pop Top 1.6 TD

JJJackson
80-90 Mem No: 11573

Post by JJJackson »

Bloody predictive text showing winning! Pictures when it's done want the wife to give me the nod to restore our westy Cali!