My T25 high top roof vent

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

andyh10
80-90 Mem No: 12966

My T25 high top roof vent

Post by andyh10 »

I've just bought my first Vw its a 82 transporter with a Sheldon high top. The guy I bought It off had driven into a low barrier so the roof vent/skylight is beyond repair. Does anyone have an idea of where I can source a replacement of the same size? All the new ones seem to be larger than my existing hole which is 36cm.

I've searched online, the only result being new part. meaning i'd have to enlarge the hole (something I don't want to do)

Any help greatly appreciated
1982 1.6d hightop

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: My T25 high top roof vent

Post by 1664 »

"Interchangeable with the old Fiamma Roof-lights 40 x 40 and with rooflight from 36 x 36 to 42 x 42cm, thanks to the reinforced frame."

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Roofl ... -Roof-Vent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a case of how cheap you can get hold of one. Or look on ebay etc
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

ibsey
80-90 Mem No: 11275

Post by ibsey »

andyh10 wrote:I've just bought my first Vw its a 82 transporter with a Sheldon high top. The guy I bought It off had driven into a low barrier so the roof vent/skylight is beyond repair. Does anyone have an idea of where I can source a replacement of the same size? All the new ones seem to be larger than my existing hole which is 36cm.

I've searched online, the only result being new part. meaning i'd have to enlarge the hole (something I don't want to do)

Any help greatly appreciated

Hi Andy did you ever get around to repairing the roof vent if so what did you source and from where, as I have to replace one on my high top
There are always other possibilities

andyh10
80-90 Mem No: 12966

Post by andyh10 »

Hey Ibsey
Up until this point ive had a temporary fix (think perspex stuck to the roof) as bigger issues arose with the van.

i am about to order the new part from the fiamma store as the other reply stated. i dont thinnk i'll have to enlarge the origional hole as i first thought. But only time will tell. i know you can source these parts on ebay aswell.

sorry i cant be more help.

Andy
1982 1.6d hightop

ibsey
80-90 Mem No: 11275

Post by ibsey »

Thanks Andy, I might to see how you get on fitting it then pick your brains :D
There are always other possibilities