Sliding door lock

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jokeruk
80-90 Mem No: 12272

Sliding door lock

Post by jokeruk »

I've got a bit of an issue with the sliding door lock. Basically the lock 'knob' (so to speak!) slips down when it's open. I've had a look through the forum this morning, and come across a post from Jed (this one) - is the spring on the picture the thing that keeps the lock unlocked?
Regards,
Leigh

1992 1.9TD LLE in OrlyBlue

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Sliding door lock

Post by Plasticman »

no thats another issue on the linky.
you mean the little 'knob' that you would use internally :roll: oh the plot thickens....to lock/unlock when the door is closed. this little knob just drops down like dead?
yes its a spring that has come of/broke internally ,nothing to do with the lock barrel i have a few here like that, keep meaning to strip one to have a looksee, but they are rivited so will be entertaining. i would suggest you keep a spre key outside the van as you like me will lock yourself out one day
mm

jokeruk
80-90 Mem No: 12272

Post by jokeruk »

It's not too bad, cos i've got remote central locking - it's just a bit of a pain in the rear reaching round from the passenger door to lift the knob up when it's slipped!

I'm at work at the moment, so will probably take it apart later when i'm at home.

Maybe - i've got a sub to wire up :twisted:
Regards,
Leigh

1992 1.9TD LLE in OrlyBlue

bootie3367
80-90 Mem No: 10560

Post by bootie3367 »

The above problem is exactly the same as mine. So the question is, how in the big dogs name do you get the little dome off the latch thing, I presume that is all that's preventing me from lifting the complete mechanism out so I can fit a spring???

Any ideas people??

Cheers
Jon

I should add that this door has an (electrically unconnected) central locking servo, still has the rod connecting the servo to the latch mechnism.
'89 Westy Joker Hitop
1.6TD JX engine

bootie3367

Post by bootie3367 »

Hopefully someone with the knowledge will see this being bumped and be able to help me out..... Please?
'89 Westy Joker Hitop
1.6TD JX engine

ben50
80-90 Mem No: 5298

Post by ben50 »

I've got the same issue on mine.

bootie3367 wrote:how in the big dogs name do you get the little dome off the latch thing,

Do you mean the little locking pin that is on the inside panel of the door? If so it just unscrews (mine was just finger tight).

I attempted to remove mine on Sunday to replace the spring, but I wasn't able to remove one of the alen bolts that secure the mechanism in place (it started to rain and I gave up quite quickly!) I'm going to have a look again at the weekend.

Would this fault cause an MOT fail?
RHD German import 2L CU microbus, slowly becoming a not so rusty camper with a GTI engine

bootie3367

Post by bootie3367 »

Righto, thanks for that. Mine is a lot more than finger tight I can tell you.I'll give it a go a bit later on.
'89 Westy Joker Hitop
1.6TD JX engine