strange knocking noise

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfsbitz

strange knocking noise

Post by wolfsbitz »

Hi all, my can has just developed a strange knocking noise when i go over slight bumps, at fist it sounds like it comes from the nearside front wheel, almost like the spring is loose and knocking against the cups, i have checked all that on both sides to be sure and everything as regards suspension, brakes, wheel nuts and steering are as they should be, :? then i was driving home today and happened to rest my hand on the handbrake where i can feel the vibrations from the knocking very strongly, it's almost like something is slapping against the underside of the van, but as the handbrake runs the full length it could be picking up the vibrations from anywhere :? :? so now i am lost and calling for help/things to try, many thanks in advance.................

wolfsbitz

Re: strange knocking noise

Post by wolfsbitz »

......forgot to mention, the reason i had my hand resting on the handbrake today was not to do an emergency parking procedure , but my hand brake light keeps flickering on and off, might be relevant, ???????

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Drop link snapped?
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

wolfsbitz

Post by wolfsbitz »

No, i've checked all that, it almost sounds like the gear linkage is lose and knocking around under the van :?