1.9DG distributor query

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jonni
80-90 Mem No: 0

1.9DG distributor query

Post by Jonni »

The distributor on my van (an '86 1.9DG) says on the label that it is 45amp. Does this mean that it won't be very efficient for charging up two batteries using a split charger?

Another thing, while I have your attention, I noticed on Wiki, under 'leisure batteries that fit' a number of batteries that are not deep cycle leisure batteries. At risk of going over well trodden ground, I'm thinking of buyng one of these as an auxillary battery purely because it will fit under the passenger seat. Would I be wasting my money on a non-leisure battery?

Tired and confused

Jonni
Jonni

1986 1.9 DG Autosleeper

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: 1.9DG distributor query

Post by kevtherev »

Jonni wrote:The distributor on my van (an '86 1.9DG) says on the label that it is 45amp. Does this mean that it won't be very efficient for charging up two batteries using a split charger?
Jonni

I have run a normal battery (mini) from a 45amp alternator as a leisure battery.

it doesn't last as long as a leisure (4hrs constant use) but I was running a propex, lights, TV, inverter, x-box, DVD player..just for lights it will last a lot longer!

I've never had any problems...and even used the extra battery to jump it a couple of times. :wink:
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)