Can anyone help with exhaust renewal and other jobs?

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Can anyone help with exhaust renewal and other jobs?

Post by RODEO »

Hi All
Ive had no luck selling my 'bus (1.9 wbx 1989) ,so have decided I will keep it if I can get a few jobs done on it. Ive now noticed that there is a prob with 2 of the manifold to head bolts sheared off. Is this common? I think the head will have to come off to sort these out,and also there are a few other minor bits to do. This is my first VW,Ive built several vans and cars over the years but Im not into VW's at all,and really cant be bothered to do the jobs cos I know nothing about these engines,although I have the space,a covered area,and tools etc.Is there anybody who knows their way round these engines interested in helping me sort these probs for/with me? I am, of course ,willing to pay a fair rate.Im guessing there is a day or so work there?Im in Braintree ,Essex.
Thanks

futbus
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1266

Re: Can anyone help with exhaust renewal and other jobs?

Post by futbus »

We would be happy to help, but probably too far away. You will need to take the whole exhaust off the van and likely snap a few more. If your careful you could drill out and retap the threads without taking the engine out, but if your looking at taking the heads off, then it`s engine out and creates alot more work.

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Can anyone help with exhaust renewal and other jobs?

Post by RODEO »

Just got back from hols last night. Thought Id ask one more time before I make a decision to get rid of the bus(Thanks anyway Futbus).Can anybody help?

Thank You.