Syncro xrissvagon

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Syncro xrissvagon

Post by Plasticman »

well a mixed do today, set about removing the sunroof to attend to a leak and used the hole to get up and T cut the area
plaayed around with the dooor electrics and have now got n/s central locking and tailgate but nothing on s/side or slider so will check the connection with a meter as didnt have the terminalks marked, long story.
mirrors function but only up and out so that to in vestigate
at least its clean work.
the no plate lights were factory crimped so I had cut them off, now resoldered and working good
All external lights now working ok, leisure battery refitted and interior stuff works
after having the dash out its nice to see we are near to lift off with everything lit up... :shock:
nearly the last bit of external blingyness, the flap lock
tea is calling
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

well sorted the slider locking, it was wired wrong by me, well there were 2 ways to do it and I choose the wrong...
treated the inside of the slider and both inner rear arches . so it will dry/evaporate overnight and insulation back in tommorow
this shows the slider latching(late door)
you will nsee that the adjustment is a combination of things as said earlier, but no matter how much you play with fittings you have to have this pin set correctly, you will see from the next picks as it starts to engage
you want it to glide/slide in with out either the door feeling like its riding up or being pushed down as when fully engaged this will help hold the door in its respective position
you can cheat here and if you leave the lower bolt on the front mounting loose then shut the door, you can loosen the other 2 a touch to allow movement and also the 3 that hold the centre bracket and also the pin itself, have a mater help and juggle it out side to fit then go up a touch and tighten everything, will at least get you near,

Got a brand new Hollandia sunroof for sale, it will be in for sale soonish
mm

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

Good work and pricess reference photos to boot! Love following your progress :ok
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well went to the coast for the day :lol: anyhows got some work done this evening , refitted the sun roof, I had to wait till today as I needed a perticular sealnt to affix it, so Hull was called at then up the coast anyhow
glass cleaned and the retaining ring fitted and now glazed
overcentre action is too severe and causes the glass to raise again a little too much so will modify this.
lecky mirror saga sorted so for anyone fitting them this is the wiring configuration, in this case lhd but if modifying one to rhd I think just extending the switch cabling would suffice, if anyone want I will figure it out and post up.
from t'otherside
so that just leaves the lock actuator on the passenger door to sort, will check the unit itself and then if that is ok check the cabling to the multiplugs.
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

well.elecrics sorted, plaggy back on doors
all cbles well clipped to the door frame to keep them away from the glass going about its buisiness
insulation refitted to rear wing after dynax etc, this was bone dry after 20+ years, (factory glass makes all the diff' )
so inner trim being refitted next,
eber controls refitted and tested ok.
got distracterd as these came out the rayburn with 4yr old mince doused in JD
mm :lol:

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Yum.. :ok
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Then there were 3 :oops:
mm

kevtherev

Post by kevtherev »

tut... greedy

Mickyfin

Post by Mickyfin »

Coming along nicely Mickey. I hope you saved me a mince pie? :wink:

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well ,busy day but not much worth taking pickies of, ,refitting the interior trim , arm rests and all the other posh stuff...was about to fit the rear side windows but ran out of rubber glue for joining the seals,so they will have to wait till tommorow, anyhow slider,kitchen and tailgate done
as usual its all the small unseen bits that take the time.
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well lunch comes and unfortunately goes. but got the o/s glazed and the slider seals fitted and everything aligned nice as I can
given that either the door or the aperature is out a touch its as near as Im ever going to get it
so can now box up the slider and tailgate, then the other fixed window and the opener then furniture , wood :cry: hate the stuff , too hard to work with
mm

Mickyfin

Post by Mickyfin »

Spanking mate. How did you get that rear side vented window cover gloss? Mine are matt textured.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

I beleive they are GLOSSY bling from new, these certainly havent been painted. I suppose you could gloss yours if you wished?
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well,some of the slider insulation was missing so used some thermo foil I had left over, probably better anyway
trim panal back
less of the fidly clean work tommorow, this to go on and the rear bumper and bits
rear spats to attend to, then dynax the rear and fit the real wheels ,more discreet bling
mm

kevtherev

Post by kevtherev »

I like that insulation....nudge nudge wink wink

:D