Exhaust identity?

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Exhaust identity?

Post by RODEO »

Hi All ,havent been here for a while............
I need to replace parts /complete exhaust system. Im alarmed by the cost,so am trying to identify what I need either s/hand or new to avoid ordering mistakes.I have a Y reg bus with 1.9 wbx engine and 4 spd g/box.
Ive looked in the Haynes manual but both early and late system diagrams dont match mine! I appear to have the l/hand side manifold pipes converging to a side by side dual outlet. Ditto the r/hand side. These outlets sit about 4" to the rear of the engine x member,one left ,one right. Then I have a pair of pipes from each dual outlet arranged so that they converge into a 4 way outlet to which the transverse mounted silencer end is bolted .The silencers I have seen all appear to bolt straight to the l/h and r/h dual outlets OR to the end of the silencer ,but cant see a system that has pipes from the dual outlets by the engine x member to the end of the silencer like mine!All my pipes appear 'factory' and not made up . Going away until next Monday ,so please excuse my (eventual)late reply! Im not ignoring any answers!
Any help most appreciated
Regards

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Re: Exhaust identity?

Post by Cruz »

I think the link to the wiki needs making in larger font :wink:

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Ex ... ems_Petrol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

I did look at wiki,but not the same! Manifold pipes are same ,but mine has pipes to a end mounted silencer as explained. Can I just disregard the extra pipes and bolt silencer direct as per the top digram?

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

Could it be a bespoke exhaust?
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

Could be I suppose,but cant identify.Mine hasnt got the heat exchanger either. Is this only for Aircooled?

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

This ... Image is 1.9 early system, which your's should be

This ... Image is 1.9 late system.

Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

RODEO wrote:Mine hasnt got the heat exchanger either. Is this only for Aircooled?

Yes Aircooled only
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

Aha ..Im learning! Ive just looked at the custom exhaust section on wiki. The Covkid has done a conversion which looks very very similar to mine ..using a type 4 1700-2000 Aircooled pipe onto the manifolds. What 'type' 4 model is he reffering to? . Could I do away with this and fit a original type silencer direct to the manifolds?
Thanks