elite vw replacement

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

A KIRK
80-90 Mem No: 4538

Re: elite vw replacement

Post by A KIRK »

hm as I;ve mentioned several times since the hassle I had with them last year, I would never ever use them or reccomend them to anyone.

All you get an engine put together from several other engines and painted nicely, if any feels liek it you can have a look at soe of my posts from last May.

However from my experience I can't fault their painting skills of engines, and I couldn't fault their turn around times as they only had my van for 2 weeks.

There is a good reason why most other places are more expensive, thats because they actually replace worn parts with new parts not just refit with less worn.
Andrew
1600 CT Aircooled life certainly isn't in the fast lane

The car in front is my crumple zone

phredd
80-90 Mem No: 2626
Location: Doing 74mph down a dead end street. >>> in Runcorn.

Post by phredd »

A KIRK wrote:hm as I;ve mentioned several times since the hassle I had with them last year, I would never ever use them or reccomend them to anyone.

All you get an engine put together from several other engines and painted nicely, if any feels liek it you can have a look at soe of my posts from last May.

However from my experience I can't fault their painting skills of engines, and I couldn't fault their turn around times as they only had my van for 2 weeks.

There is a good reason why most other places are more expensive, thats because they actually replace worn parts with new parts not just refit with less worn.

Each to thier own choice. I have had no problems with mine over six years.
When can I expect them ???

phredd
Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
Membership No = 2626 @ Runcorn
IN ARDUIS FIDELIS.

dugwiththevwbug
80-90 Mem No: 2019

Post by dugwiththevwbug »

A KIRK wrote:hm as I;ve mentioned several times since the hassle I had with them last year, I would never ever use them or reccomend them to anyone.

I can verify andys comments i aided him with his engine last year and yes it was painted nicely as for the heads both had helicoiled spark plugs and cracks within 1500 miles. you pays your money and get!!!!!!!
I can only asume it was a runner when it went in to elite and was cleaned and put back out even the oil seals and gaskets were ancient. As for other peoples problems i can only comment on what i saw once andys engine was dismantled.
Dougsvw-werks.co.uk
My other baby https://www.facebook.com/groups/120903171434150/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

So what was the outcome ..did elite rectify their mistake under warranty?
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

nedkelly113
80-90 Mem No: 7642

Post by nedkelly113 »

Hi
I've been watching this thread on the edge of my seat. Don't think i'll be going with elite. Think i'll just find a lump and have a go myself. So anyone with a CU needing rescued please let me know.
Cheers
Ned

1987 Caravelle syncro subaru ez30d

A KIRK
80-90 Mem No: 4538

Post by A KIRK »

No Elite didn't it took me a while to get hold of them then I got fobbed off regarding them having a look.

They eventually agreed to collect the van which I was more than happy to pay for the collection, come the day of collection no one turned up, none of my calls with voicemail or emails were returned, calls were left on their new landline number and their mobile number.

In the end I gave up and repaired it myself with the aid of Doug.

Don't get me wrong i'm sure many people do get ok engines that last the distance, but i've read more and more bad comments about them over the last couple of years on different forums.

I'm not saying they never rebuild a good engine, I'm sure once in a while they might actually replace some parts with new ones, but for me personally the experience has left a very bitter taste.

You pay your money you take a risk. I just know i'd never use them again or reccomend them to anyone
Andrew
1600 CT Aircooled life certainly isn't in the fast lane

The car in front is my crumple zone