Hybrid Engine but not a Prius+Ignition query

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

vanjam
80-90 Mem No: 1966

Hybrid Engine but not a Prius+Ignition query

Post by vanjam »

Hi

Have looked in threads and wiki and elsewhere but can't see anything on this. I am trying to sort out a longstanding cold start and missing problem. I want to get the ignition completely eliminated before messing with fuel side which has led me to some fundamental questions which have never bothered me before but are beginning seem potentially relevant:

Is it possible to have the following combo..... my block says df, but the valve sizes in the heads match with the valve dimensions given on brickyard for a dg? I note they have different valve timings as well so struggled to see how this was possible. can df blocks be fitted with dg cam/cranks etc or am I just being thick? I also have what I am pretty sure is the dg manifold with pierburg 2 e carb. If the combo is possible, what dizzy would be best? Currently has an 005 which I think might be from an american bus. it has single vacuum pipe to diaphragm and hall sender with vane. There is no idles stabiliser though it looks as though one was there once.

It runs on lpg and does a fair mileage-ht leads wear out quickly and coil/hall sender/rotor and cap all recently replaced-any advice on good spec ones leads for reasonable price please and can anyone venture as to which coil it really ought to have on it? It's got the one with the higher resistance at present, what is best for lpg ignition with this hybrid?

cheers jim

cheers, jim
1985 1900DG wc liesuredrive hitop with small amounts of rust

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Hybrid Engine but not a Prius+Ignition query

Post by Aidan »

I'd say build it up and set it up as a DG in all respects, chances are it's been rebuilt and they used a good DF case but the rest is DG, I know Laurie did several like that
you don't say what the cold start issue is
DG start procedure warm no pedal start
cold pedal to the floor once take foot off pedal start
freezing cold pedal to the metal twice take foot off start
to engage the choke on the carb and prime as reqd.
you need to check all the wiring for the choke, carb heater and hedgehog heater are present and working too I guess