T25 silencer

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

never look back
80-90 Mem No: 6017

T25 silencer

Post by never look back »

Hi everyone, my bus is a 1990 1.9 DG petrol engine.
the silencer is up for renewal.
the silencer fitted, has a boltded gas sealing ring flange to the left of the silencer, and on the other end is the tail pipe secured by a flange with a 3 holed gasket between.
My Question is : :oops:
Looking under the bus, the holding brackets are fitted facing upwards, and the securing straps are on the top of these.
surely releasing the straps will not allow the silencer to come off. So! do you have to remove the brackets to drop the silencer, and if so how do you get to them cos the fixing bolts look pretty well tucked away.
comments and any tips would be appreciated on this job.
Just an idea, :idea: but wouldn't the clamps be better fitted facing downwards, and let the straps hold the silencer in place, so's when you want it off all you do is undo the straps and the silencer should come away, without having to disturb the brackets. :roll:

Den
never look back cos too SPOOKY

never look back

Re: T25 silencer

anybody got a top tip on how to get to bolts holding the silence brackets on :?:
( got a mega stiff kneck and wearing a collar at the moment so limitited at looking up the back end)
helpfull comments would be appreciated.
den

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Hi never look back,

Most of the 'die hard' club members are away this weekend. So I suspect this is why you have limited viewers to your questions.

As far as I can remember the brackets can only be mounted one way. A single bolt where support straps meet brackets above silencer, once removed, allows straps to move through a 180 degrees pin hinge for silencer removal.

Three bolts on left side ring flange to pipework and, if retaining tail pipe for new silencer, three bolts holding that on too.

Not the best thing to attempt in your (hopefully temporarily) condition but I wish you good luck
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

never look back

:D Hi maxstu, ta for your comments.
never thought about it but yeah I guess everyone is away.
hopefully the kneck thing will be a bit better in a day or so, so's i can get on with the job.
:rofl
den