Few basic question

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

gdavies6
80-90 Mem No: 0

Few basic question

Post by gdavies6 »

Hi

I am new to the VW scene and have purchased a T25 that needs a little attention. So to start me off I need to do 2 jobs

1) THe drivers side lock does not work, but I have a guy who know how to repair it, but I have to remove the lock, etc.. first. This means getting the inside door panel off. Does any one know where all the screws/clips arelocated so I don't destroy the panel when I take it off?

2) Where are the heater plugs? How many are there? And how do I replace tme? I have the standard 1.6td engine.

I know these questions are basic, but I need to start somewhere.

Thanks for your help in advance.

missusjen

Post by missusjen »

Front door cards are a piece of proverbial to remove - just unscrew the door furniture - it's all pretty standard - flick out bits to expose screws etc. The door card itself should be held on solely by clips that just pull straight out - you shouldn't damage anything.
The locks are easy enough to get off - exterior handle is held on by a screw hidden behind the door rubber, otherwise it's all there in plain sight....... :)

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

the heater plugs are in the side of the cylnder head and are a pain to change. there are four of them two are pretty easy to get to.be prepared for skint knuckles..if you fill your profile in so we know where you are maybe a member close to you could help..if your anyware nr cheshire i will show you.
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

TD

Post by TD »

my advice is take off the inj pipes to make life easier, but remember to tighten them well after.
Also disconnect battery first!
Glow plug life around 40-50 K in mine - cheap at partco.
These are the simple jobs, the nasty ones come later :roll: :roll:
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.
Member LX

gdavies6

Post by gdavies6 »

Ok got door off so I can get the lock fixed. Thanks for the help on that.

As for the heater plugs, I'll have to first disconnect the battery. Then unscrew each one of the heater plugs. Sounds straight forward (knowing I'm going to regret that statement as I'm saying it). If I'm correct, there are 4 in a row, connected with a metal bar and a ribbon going round some pipe work, joining the first and last 2 plugs?

OK I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Thanks for the help