dg,dj,df?????????

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slugbelly

dg,dj,df?????????

Post by slugbelly »

can any body tell me if the block on a Dj(2.1) is different to that of a DG or DF . I have the DJ stripped but unfortunately one of the hydraulic tappets has self distructed and ruined the bore all other components being ok.can i just change it all over to another block?

Ivorblueun
80-90 Mem No: 1407

Post by Ivorblueun »

not much experience with these engines but do you mean the cylinder liner ? which are the same according to EKTA though i would have thought mixing parts is not too good an idea as you could end up with the compression on that pot being a lot different to the rest. a set of 4 is 135+vat from gsf. how did bits from the tappet get into the bore or did it drop a valve.
Stu

mine was a blue 89 Td Hitop

slugbelly

Post by slugbelly »

Thanks for the reply but Its not the cylinder bore thats the problem its the bore for the hydraulic tappet. I can no longer get a tappet into the bore due to the damage caused by the last one coming apart and getting trapped between the cam and the block. all the pistons and liners are fine.

Ivorblueun
80-90 Mem No: 1407

Post by Ivorblueun »

with you, they are common but there is more than one part no listed so I would say if the part nos are the same you should not have a problem unless
some one knows better, you could try giving Laurie a bell as he has been rebuilding these engines forever unfortunately I do not know his number i'm sure someone on here will know.
Stu

mine was a blue 89 Td Hitop

andysimpson
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andysimpson »

You could get an engineering shop to make the hole larger and make you an insert to get it back to correct bore.