Coolant hose problems!!!

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

soulfly71
80-90 Mem No: 0

Coolant hose problems!!!

Post by soulfly71 »

Hiya good people!!
my Van is a 1984 1.9dg Petrol, w/c, manual.
My coolant pipes burst t'other day and experiencing a few issues sourcing new ones, from like....anywhere!!
The faulty Pipes are the one that lead to the radiator from Engine, cant remember the tchnical details/names but basically theyre the smaller Two Pipes of the Four that run towards the front of the Van from the Engine on the right hand side in between the Starter and the Air Filter looking in, dont have pics as my phone is rubbish.

Does ANYONE have a clue where i can buy New hoses as ive looked on JK, VW Heritage, GSF to no avail, will contact my local motor factor tomorrow to see if the have suitable pipes with a reducer to suit, been thru about 20 litres of coolant struggling home today, major pain and need hose like yesterday as its my daily runner.
:ok
1984 T25 1.9 watercooled petrol, DG, pierburg, 4 speed, transporter

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Coolant hose problems!!!

Post by Aidan »

small diameter front to back hoses are for the heater
contact one of the breakers eg VWNW who has post in for sale and he should be able to supply some decent used ones, they don't fail often, is the reason for the split apparant ?

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Coolant hose problems!!!

Post by itchyfeet »

Its 16mm id pipe like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-5-8-1-ME ... 58a2d6337c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you just have a small area of damage from wear then you can just cut a small piece in with joiners
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks