Help needed issues starting

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Brendon
80-90 Mem No: 7465

Help needed issues starting

Post by Brendon »

Hi everyone,
I'm having problems starting my 1.9dg that's been lpg'd. I've just had the breakdown guy out and he thinks the carb is flooding but it doesn't start on gas either, which it normally does.
I've recently rebuilt the carb and it's been running fine since and previous work I've done is remove flush and clean fuel tank and replace pipes, fuel line was replaced 2weeks ago with filter from Baxter's, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, leads, coil, stabilisation control unit,air filters all replaced within the last 2years.
So I've got fuel and good spark and it started and was working fine last night.
Any ideas or help getting to this annoying problem will be greatly appreciated :ok .
Thanks in advance.
Brendon

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Help needed issues starting

Post by itchyfeet »

Are you sure its not trying to run on both fuels?
switch in the both fuels position or the emergency tap on the petrol cut off solenoid turned on?

remember when you switch off petrol it will have a reserve in the float chamber to use up before you can switch to gas

sorry if you know this already
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

Brendon
80-90 Mem No: 7465

Re: Help needed issues starting

Post by Brendon »

I found that one out the hard way, but boy did the van go well :ok . Used a fair bit of fuel also.
I found the issue for now at least seems like the needle valve for the float sticks in its tube/ seat. So tonight I stripped down the carb and wet and dry'd the needle so it could rotate an move up and down freely. Thrower it back on and the van started and runs on both fuels individually. :ok