Stainless Steel Exhaust

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

chris7ian
80-90 Mem No: 0

Stainless Steel Exhaust

Post by chris7ian »

Hi all - long time listener, first time caller :D
I have a Bluestar Multivan with a 2.1 MV engine and Auto fuel-guzzler transmission which I've owned for 4years with nothing more problematic than a cracked coolant pipe.
Recently, however, the exhaust silencer has succumbed to rust and blown a hole right by the welded seam making a temporary repair impractical (MOT looming)

SO, deciding I may need to bite the expensive bullet I thought I'd look at stainless systems as I've always had on previous vehicles.
I was after some opinions really - I've looked at:
Just Kampers, JP Exhausts, Brickwerks (in ascending order of cost) The JK system gets good customer reviews, the JP system has been in production since the mid 90's, and the the final system comes complete with everything and BW has a good reputation for quality products (I buy 90% of my bits from them) but costs a fair whack more

I'm not made of money but if I need to buy the top one I'll just not eat for the next 6months

Does anyone haveany light to shed on Stainless Exhausts please?

Thanks
c7
1989 2.1 MV Auto

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Re: Stainless Steel Exhaust

Post by 300CE »

Welcome to the forum chap - there's one for sale in the General for sale section on here:

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=133708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (scroll down to the bottom)

I believe the chaps name is Mick - if you give him a call i'm sure he'll be able to give you the lowdown regarding it.
'86 DG, Weber Carb

chris7ian

Post by chris7ian »

Hi! Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply - hmmm, I had a look at that link but I'm not keen on the style of that one. I want to keep the stock overall shape etc... but thanks again.
I think I might have to fit a budget silncer until I know more abou the stainless versions...

nevill3
80-90 Mem No: 8062
Location: UK Lake District, Early 1.6D CS now 4 speed gearbox

Post by nevill3 »

Doesn't the Brickwerks Exhaust match the original shape so you can just buy the pieces as needed, or just the bit you need now and save up for the rest?
1983 1.6D cs PopTop Camper

Baysbrown Farm Campsite, Lake District

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Post by 300CE »

I think you are right there Nevill - drop Simon/Michael an email through Brickwerks (http://www.brickwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), their great fella's & their knowledge is second to none.
'86 DG, Weber Carb

chris7ian

Post by chris7ian »

OK, so I'm going on an enforced diet as the Brickwerks system has just been delivered (from the intermediate pipe onwards).
I can't wait to get home and open the box so I can fit it tonight!

I'd already spoken to Michael at BW about the fitment since I have a Cat fitted which will have to come off... MOT in the morning so we'll see what happens to emissions! :shock: