2L cu Aircooled juddering HELP

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bri-on-1
80-90 Mem No: 4765

2L cu Aircooled juddering HELP

Post by bri-on-1 »

Hi all, I have rebuilt my top end and I am still getting juddering at any constant speed, even when I pull away I have to give it more revs than normal just to get going. This started even before I pulled the engine out for the rebuild. I have put on a new powerspark electronic svda dizzy and a new bosch coil. I have twin weber itc 34s and I have given them a good clean out yesterday but still have the juddering problem. I have changed the fuel pump and new fuel lines, new plugs & leads. I have checked for air leaks and all earth leads are good. This is set up at 7.5 btdc. Do you think this can be a carb problem? This is getting to me and I do feel like giving it all up. Just trying to get my bus ready for the summer. I do have the original carbs kicking around in my shed and was thinking of fitting them again just to see if it is the problem.
membership number 4765

sarran1955
80-90 Mem No: 6754
Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE

Re: 2L cu Aircooled juddering HELP

Post by sarran1955 »

Hello,

Can you please describe this..'juddering..' :?:

or even better do a video.. :wink:

Cordialement..

:ok

BOXY
80-90 Mem No: 8826

Post by BOXY »

juddering at any constant speed
Are you sure it's engine related. Can you try rolling the van down a hill with the engine off to see if the juddering is a wheel / drive-shaft / brake problem? Just remember no engine equals no brake servo.
2ltr Aircooled CU with twin Solex's & originally a 009 dizzie, but now back to standard.

dugcati
80-90 Mem No: 3825

Post by dugcati »

plug leads are all on/on the right way?
It is by will alone that I set my 'van' in motion!