EliteVw

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tobyt25
80-90 Mem No: 0

EliteVw

Post by Tobyt25 »

Has anyone used them? My van is booked in for a reconditioned engine. Pick up and fitting £1700 price seems good. But its only a good price if there work is good. Engine is guaranteed for 12,000 miles or 12 months
Id like to hear from people who have used them and had similar work done please.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: EliteVw

Post by ghost123uk »

Lots of folk have used them with very little, if any complaints I have seen on here in the 10+ years I have used this forum :) If I needed one, it's what I would do. E D I T = umm, after some more recent posts, I might not :roll: I would likely ask our "Toomanytoys" (LINK) now he is "in the business" ;)

Get ready for the usual debates as to what constitutes an Elite re-con :wink:

You forgot to mention what engine you have and are buying :wink: (put it in your sig ;))
Last edited by ghost123uk on 02 Aug 2014, 08:18, edited 2 times in total.
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

faggie

Post by faggie »

i would buy a genuine vw industrial engine for the same price then you know everything is brand new not reconditioned as reconditioned can mean anything

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

faggie wrote:i would buy a genuine vw industrial engine

What's this then ?
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

Tobyt25

Post by Tobyt25 »

New engine with fitting is at least double the price. Ive has lots of quotes! 2.0l air-cooled

faggie

Post by faggie »

new engines are £1795 the fitting is easy to do its not rocket science all you need is a few components to swap it back to 12volt then you have a engine as good as vw fitted friend of mine fitted one last year to his bay best thing hes ever done ring heritage for a quote or advertise on vzi someone was selling one for less than £1795 not that long ago

ronsrecord
80-90 Mem No: 7441

Post by ronsrecord »

I want what you're taking!
Making hay while the sun shines!

2.1MV Club Joker, 1988, LPG/ petrol

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

faggie wrote:new engines are £1795
...ring heritage for a quote

Link? Have to say, it sounds unlikely, given that Heritage's website only lists "remanufactured" (by SSP) 2.0 CU lumps, for £2295.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_parts_Comp ... try_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

faggie

Post by faggie »

probably best to do a search on vzi for the one for sale or a wanted ad or give heritage a call as they only seem to now sell reconditioned engines but at that price for a new engine with new carbs exhaust etc they were probably all snapped up

Tobyt25

Post by Tobyt25 »

Van was supposed to turn up today after already being over a week late and £700 over the estimate. There seems to be allot of stalling and delays. Did some more research and they have some terrible reviews. I went with them because a couple of people had recommended them. Beginning to panic now.

dirtygertie
80-90 Mem No: 4501

Post by dirtygertie »

Tobyt25 wrote:Van was supposed to turn up today after already being over a week late and £700 over the estimate.

:shock:

Forgive my ignorance...but how can an experienced company give an estimate so way off the mark? Surely they should have given you a fixed quote for work to be carried out? Really hope you get it sorted out quickly
Karen x

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun. -hmmmmm

1982 2l Aircooled with a name!

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

Ghosts (john) fault he said they were ok lol:rollin :rollin
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Yeh John (poke poke) - what you got to say for yourself.

:tsk

Seriously though, a £700 difference in price is neither a quote nor an estimate. I'd be taking that one up with Citizens Advice and sharpish.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

CovKid wrote:Yeh John (poke poke) - what you got to say for yourself.

This =

ghost123uk wrote:Lots of folk have used them with very little, if any complaints I have seen on here in the 10+ years I have used this forum :) If I needed one, it's what I would do.

We will have to see what the outcome is first before casting stones.

Sorry to hear it is not going smoothly Toby. They MUST have said why the price has gone up so much ? There has to be a solid reason ?

As has been said many times before on here, before hanging commences there should be a full disclosure of the facts, then, if guilty, hang by all means. Trial by forum can be a powerful tool.

I too hope it turns out OK, keep us informed.

jimpainter

Post by jimpainter »

I have fitted dg for a customer from elite. It took about a month longer to get it than they first said (he had paid for motor otherwise we would have gone elsewhere). The engine eventually came, came with an oil gallery plug missing, early engines only have 1 oil sender, they send them out for late with 2 oil senders. Rang them and they said they would send the appropriate plug for the hole, we got an old sender :evil: on fitting exhaust etc some of the bolt holes had been drilled and helicoiled on the pee, makes exhaust fitting a pain in the a*** so some of them had to be sorted as well. Apart from that it was cheap, oh but they didn't put new head studs in either. As far as I know the engine is running fine still though (touch wood)

Jim
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire