Check out this bad boy!

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kaferboy

Check out this bad boy!

Post by kaferboy »

Russel
80-90 Mem No: 1052

Post by Russel »

If u want to see bad boy syncros then why not pay us a visit.
We can then discuss ure affensive user name!
Nice to see people still hiding behind anonimity when posting.

terryvanman
80-90 Mem No: 737

Post by terryvanman »

I dont gedit
suck squeeze bang blow, the cycle of a 4 stroke

steffanstringer
80-90 Mem No: 2544

Post by steffanstringer »

Russel at Syncro-Nutz wrote:If u want to see bad boy syncros then why not pay us a visit.
We can then discuss ure affensive user name!
Nice to see people still hiding behind anonimity when posting.

Russ - to be fair to the guy he could be a Beetle fan - Käfer means beetle in German. I know it's something different in RSA - and you would be right to be annoyed if that is the usage.

Steffan
1988 Silver 16" Syncro Doublecab 2.1 DJ
1985 White 14" Syncro Westfalia Joker 1.9 DG/LPG

Flibbertigibbet
80-90 Mem No: 1080

Post by Flibbertigibbet »

caffre, kafir, kaffir or caffer are an offensive term for any Black African and like just said Kafer is this http://www.typ15.com/
member 1080

keyboard-wielding harridan

trollop@club80-90.co.uk

terryvanman
80-90 Mem No: 737

Post by terryvanman »

now i understand
i think :roll:
suck squeeze bang blow, the cycle of a 4 stroke

Russel

Post by Russel »

If his usage is towards a beetle then i do apologize for my abrupt not
so nise response. :oops: In sothern africa it is an extreemly offensive and demeening word that can very easily spark of very unplesant results.

nosfera2
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by nosfera2 »

It's an offensive word anywhere. It actually means infidel in Arabic. Coming from the air cooled world I am erring on the side of caution and agreeing that the chap is a beetle fan. A random fact - beetles are called kewers in Afrikaans.

Russel

Post by Russel »

Never heard of the word kewers used for beatles in africaans.Born and bread there for 28 year and back and forth from there on.Maybe just hanging out with the wrong crowd.

syncro4wd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by syncro4wd »

Hi,
Maybe you confuse it with dutch..in dutch its called Kever.
And in german its Käfer with 2 dots on the a which makes it a long e when you pronounced it.

Erwin

kaferboy

Post by kaferboy »

Oops!

please accept my apologies, my username is not meant in a derogatory way at all, and I sincerely regret offending anyone... its my username on a few forums (VZi, brickyard, Volkstorque) and do indeed link back to my first love in the car world, my beetles! I aren't trying to hide behind anonymity - although I am aware that it is a way for the small minded to get a particular point of view across which they would never dare publicly/face to face come out and say.

Never heard it used in a derogatory way, I'm from a fairly well mixed community where different races of people get on very well - there is little/no racism evident so maybe thats why I haven't heard the term used in a bad way.

Maybe time to change my accounts cause I don't want people getting the wrong end of the stick...

On the plus side - how cool is that Syncro?! I'm new to the T25 scene (well, not quite new, but its been 10 years since my last one!) and was JUST about to buy some lowering springs when I happened across the syncros - I like 'em a lot!

Is there any way I can improve the offroad performance of my 2wd 1.9 petrol panel van? Anyone know someone whos done this?

Again Russ/others, sorry about the u/name - think I'll change it.

Diamond Hell
80-90 Mem No: 830

Post by Diamond Hell »

There's a boatload of Syncros out there. Why would you waste time trying to make your 2WD van better when you could sell it and buy a perfectly good and fully formed SYncro - especially as VW put SO many detail differences into them that you'd never fully make what the Syncro is - an astonishingly useful and capable vehicle.

Come to a Syncronauts event later this year and you'll see what we mean.
Diamond Hell
Still Syncro, just much fasterer

kaferboy

Post by kaferboy »

Just gone on to re-register and cannot because my (only) email address is in use - any mods know how I can re-register in a differnet name, but with the same email addy?

kaferboy

Post by kaferboy »

Sounds good, think I'll do just that!

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

is there any way I can improve the offroad performance of my 2wd 1.9 petrol panel van? Anyone know someone whos done this?

there is a VW manual out there somewhere which outlines just that covers things like putting reinforcement on the fuel tank and the like.
http://vwpix.terlinden.com/index_en.htm may be one Christophs site somewhere
I have tried my 2wd camper with some snow chains in the mud and did quite well til I bottomed out in some ruts. :lol: anyway hardly off road material but it would get you out of a waterlogged campsite if push came to shove.
member 1168