Highest mileage Syncro on this forum?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sanchius
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Highest mileage Syncro on this forum?

Post by sanchius »

I don't post here much, but I like to follow the discussion.

253K miles ~= 421K kms

It's currently in the garage waiting for me to install its next engine.

Stopping for a nap on a private trail in the Colorado mountains last autumn after lunch and some wonderful microbrews

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

Im going to view a 300k km T3 this week, Im guessing that works out about 200k miles? Its the Boxer petrol 1.9 engine, so hoping its been well serviced, and has some history with it.

Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

syncropaddy wrote:my white one .... well it doesnt run at all but the last time it moved it had the correct wheel/tyre combo

So that'll be well out too then! Think I worked out mine (on the wrong speedo drive gearing) is about 13% over reading on the ODO (which is often quite a different error to the speedo!) but if I go to the corect gear for the tyres (ie 205R14) that still won't put it right, though by my calculations if I fit the drive for 185R14 tyres is should be pritty close, sadly the roll pin is resistant to hammering out with the biggest hammer I can get close so I still havn't swapped it over.

The drive has been broken in the past, don't know how long but prob a few thousand miles, so I think the slight overreading is it catching up slowly.

As for the score, about 135k miles, which is becoming fairly low I guess. Would have been about 8k less if I the landy hadn't been off the road for most of last year.
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van