the best syncro

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

gerttone
80-90 Mem No: 9344

the best syncro

Post by gerttone »

syncronauts? having owned several landrovers when my family started to grow around 3 years ago i bought my first t25 camper and sold my defender 90 but i still would love to go off roading but still need a camper, in steps a syncro then but what was the best syncro camper made / or just the best syncro im a novice to syncros but one day would love one ,

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: the best syncro

Post by Aidan »

Come along to the next syncro event and have a look see, plenty of choice and opinions, see the syncro forum for details

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

gerttone wrote:syncronauts? having owned several landrovers when my family started to grow around 3 years ago i bought my first t25 camper and sold my defender 90 but i still would love to go off roading but still need a camper, in steps a syncro then but what was the best syncro camper made / or just the best syncro im a novice to syncros but one day would love one ,

Its godda be a Diesel Westy Syncro for me, I could be seen as blast though.

Here is mine :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WGHwOVk6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

gerttone
80-90 Mem No: 9344

Post by gerttone »

Westy Syncro
yes i like your westy , that would do me just fine ,but not sure about lhd but i supose you have to make sacrafices, also would like hi top but that limits green lanes i suppose its a tuff choice

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

jed the spread wrote:
gerttone wrote:syncronauts? having owned several landrovers when my family started to grow around 3 years ago i bought my first t25 camper and sold my defender 90 but i still would love to go off roading but still need a camper, in steps a syncro then but what was the best syncro camper made / or just the best syncro im a novice to syncros but one day would love one ,

Its godda be a Diesel Westy Syncro for me, I could be seen as blast though.

Here is mine :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WGHwOVk6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jed
I think you meant "16" diesel westy multivan syncro" :lol:
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

Nah... I wouldn't buy a 16" personally :wink: If I wanted 16" wheels on I would pop them on a 14" van and stick some plastic arches over the cut out sections.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

lloydy

Post by lloydy »

jed the spread wrote:Nah... I wouldn't buy a 16" personally :wink: If I wanted 16" wheels on I would pop them on a 14" van and stick some plastic arches over the cut out sections.

Jed
Thats basically what VW did...well apart from fitting a few 16" specific parts that cost twice as much :lol:

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

lloydy wrote:
jed the spread wrote:Nah... I wouldn't buy a 16" personally :wink: If I wanted 16" wheels on I would pop them on a 14" van and stick some plastic arches over the cut out sections.

Jed
Thats basically what VW did...well apart from fitting a few 16" specific parts that cost twice as much :lol:

And there you go :rofl

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

lloydy

Post by lloydy »

still looks good though!

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

love that bit @ 2.17 jed. almost knocked myself cold out when everything that was on my dash ended up in my face. :rofl

did mark have any pics of my van there.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

..lee.. wrote:love that bit @ 2.17 jed. almost knocked myself cold out when everything that was on my dash ended up in my face. :rofl

did mark have any pics of my van there.

Godda admit my a*** twitched abit there too.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

thats good to know. :lol:
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Nomadd1001
80-90 Mem No: 7095

Post by Nomadd1001 »

Ace video!! :D :D

Notice at 2:58 your sat nav has obviously took you down a wrong turning. I think you should have turned back!! :rofl :rofl
1981 tintop 2.0 Aircooled..............don't pull out on me. you are my crumple zone!!

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

gerttone wrote:Westy Syncro
yes i like your westy , that would do me just fine ,but not sure about lhd but i supose you have to make sacrafices, also would like hi top but that limits green lanes i suppose its a tuff choice
Wouldn't worry about the height of a high top on most greenlanes they get down most
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B6HAzq1 ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 2.48
bar one or two really low ones my factory hightop is probably about the same height as Jed's westy when you factor in his lights and roofrack.
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

1.9 DG tintop caravelle, it works for us :rofl
Well it would do if I didn't keep finding rotten bits... :evil:
I would add don't go 16" based on my recent swingarm experiences with a 14". In 5 years time the youngest of the 16's will be as rusty as our '86 and where will you find parts like that without spending £££?
Ignore all the derv fans, go Petrol/LPG and enjoy every leisurely half-price fillup - but get twin tanks for decent range :ok

PS Ours had done nearly all its 100k mileage on tarmac (most of its years in/around Oxfordshire) and the winter road salt seems to have wreaked havoc, despite the factory undersealing...buy with caution.