want more wheel choice?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dougslug
80-90 Mem No: 0

want more wheel choice?

Post by dougslug »

Heres a syncro specific tip that I am trying at the moment, I had the thought that the restricting factor on fitting wheels to my syncro is the front hub
or more specificly the collar on the front hub
As I have a spare set, I have nocked them appart,(bearings weren't destroyed but need to be kept clean) pulled the studs and am about to take about 7mm off the collar. This will enable the fitting of just about any vw/ audi 5 stud wheel in the future, without having to open up the centre of the wheel
Any thoughts anyione

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: want more wheel choice?

Post by ..lee.. »

not a bad idea, but a lot of the vw audi wheels have the wrong off set so to correct that you use spacers and that often solves the problem anyway.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

dougslug
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by dougslug »

Yes your right, but even ET55 T4 wheels will go on without clearence issues, so I don't take the rules too seriously . wouldn't use chains with that et though
Just thought that while I was there changing the studs for longer I would do the collar at the same time.
I think the main problem with using the wrong et, is probably potential handling problems, with the scrub radius being moved to a diffrent section of the tyre, this would show uup most during hard braking I guess
I realy dont buy the baering wear argument, if it fits, and handles all right, then it works! 20 mm either way will make sod all diference

taigagreen
80-90 Mem No: 9831

Post by taigagreen »

This will give you access to all the allroad and tiguan wheel. They typically are in the ET range between 37 and 20, so lots of choice. You still have a problem fitting centre caps in the rear wheels on most wheels.

Lots of good looking tiguan wheels!!

Now
88 Westfalia syncro AAZ i/c
91 Caravelle syncro DJ
89 doka syncro DJ
89 Westfalia California JX
84 Reimo Camper 1.9 WBX
90 Caravelle Coach JX
98 Sharan 110hp TDi