Whats this?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

Whats this?

Post by Wedgbury »

The raised air hose had come apart in the back off the van so refitting and behind the hose I found what looks like a fan motor?
It looks like an intake hose goes up the rear pillar next to the air filter hose and then a Ali heating duct hose goes to the bottom of the engine.
The van is a 1.6JX LHD.
So what is it and can it be removed as the electrical connections are no long attached.
Thanks

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: Whats this?

Post by lloydy »

cooling fan for the turbo. it's a syncro only thang.
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Wedgbury

Post by Wedgbury »

Thanks for that, better get the wiring sorted out and I might get an extra 1mph out the old engine.

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

It dont really do much, only comes on when the ignition is off and the stat says the engine is too hot (think it is on the same circuit as the aux coolant pump)
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

Squirrelly...my advise is junk it...the weight loss won't gain you an extra mph but it is some tat out the way at least...the fan only runs when the engine stops if its extra hot after a huge climb or similar...I think it's fair to say they almost never work and normally the steel bits on the manifold have long since melted away..

Wedgbury

Post by Wedgbury »

I was coming to that conclusion, also a possible place for a electrical problem looking at the wiring.
At least the metal all looks good the only problem was the foam hose going from the snorkel into the air filter disintegrated.
Getting to learn the thing with syncro's is fix one thing something else crops up.