Syncro voyeur comes clean

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Yozza
80-90 Mem No: 6195

Syncro voyeur comes clean

Post by Yozza »

To the syncro congregation - I must confess...

I have been lurking behind the forum 'curtains' for a number of years ever since I bought my T25 (2wd) but I was soon hooked on Syncros (and I partially blame the syncro film directors amongst you!) I soon found myself a project to tinker with at nights, I bought a 16" Doka that had already been converted to RHD but needed a good seeing to down below.

I have had all the suspension and axles off the underside for a blast and repaint with new bearings, bushes, etc along with a lot of welding. I'd like to think the vehicle is in a functional state but with a few (cough) cosmetic issues (although I call that character and patina).

I still have a number of jobs I'd like to do but as of now she is road legal (at last)! I'd like to think I have the more interesting jobs ahead of me as opposed to lying underneath with weld splatter finding every orifice. :shock:

I'd like to thank you all both for your direct and indirect input. I hope to be out and about and come along to a Syncro meet and put some faces to the names and thank you in person.

:ok
Yozza

photo (1).JPG
T25 '90 2.1i 16" Doka
JCB 3C MkII
Thwaites 6000

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Re: Syncro voyeur comes clean

Post by hugomonkey »

well done , see you at syncropendance hopefully :ok
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Looks nice. Is that the recent ebay van from Latvia?
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

Post by crazydiamond »

Hi Yozza, i'm a bit like you, just bought my first Syncro and I want to get it sorted especially underneath, I want to clean de-rust (only surface rust I think) the underside and re paint, what inhibiter and chassis paint have you used?
ps look at your messages re cookeer please.. Geoff
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Winchweight wrote:Looks nice. Is that the recent ebay van from Latvia?

no it's not that one, Yoni has been working on his project for a few years now

Bucketbabe
80-90 Mem No: 12616

Post by Bucketbabe »

Winchweight wrote:Looks nice. Is that the recent ebay van from Latvia?

No, bene bought that one.
Keep up at the back
take the road less travelled

Yozza
80-90 Mem No: 6195

Post by Yozza »

Syncropendence sounds good, starting the weekend before camperjam? I'll stick that one in the shared google calendar so my missus will get advance notice (without me having to mention it) :pimp

The DoKa is originally from Sweden (so I was told) so this is it's first time on UK roads, its got that qwirky volvo light thing going on when you switch the ignition on.

Hi Geoff, I sent you a PM (I'm in Stoke-on-Trent). Regarding paint, the underside got a genrous spray with schultz once exposed areas were primed, the suspension, axles, etc was blasted, primed and painted with the same paint used on the lower section of lamp posts (pi55 proof). To be honest it was that long ago when it got painted that I can't remember the exact type of paint.

Thanks for stepping in Aid, yes this has been a long term project but I have had two additional children in the mean time (total of three) so garage opportunities are very limited - thats my best excuse, I hope that's sufficient :D

Hopefully the link below works, this will give you a brief insite in to some of the work to get the 24 year old Swede back on the road.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11337725 ... peuC5rqxGA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheerz

Yozza
T25 '90 2.1i 16" Doka
JCB 3C MkII
Thwaites 6000