Suspension refurb

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

poshbuggers
80-90 Mem No: 0

Suspension refurb

Post by poshbuggers »

I'm hoping to do a front suspension and brake upgrade soon. This includes 2wd 'Green' HD springs, balljoint spacers, shock extenders and Audi brakes.

While I have to take it apart I fancy replacing a few awkward bits so any ballache jobs I can afford are out of the way. I can do the easier bits later, when I can afford and as I feel up to it. It's a while since I gutted a Syncro front so can anyone point out the 'pain in the a***' bits I can swap while I do this?

http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/showAsse ... odel=15583

I'm thinking balljoints, upper wishbone bushes but what else? I don't mind forking out for new bushes, bolts and washers.

It's a '90 spec van.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: Suspension refurb

Post by ..lee.. »

By all means strip and clean everything but I'd only replace what needs to be done. Still some quality issues in some parts and perfectly serviceable oe stuff will out last some " new" products.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Yozza
80-90 Mem No: 6195

Re: Suspension refurb

Post by Yozza »

You may want to consider longer wheel studs (alloys) if you're replacing the front bearings, something I forgot to do :shock:
T25 '90 2.1i 16" Doka
JCB 3C MkII
Thwaites 6000