Im so excited!!!!

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

Im so excited!!!!

Post by crazydiamond »

Well after all these years being a Syncro wannaby i've gone and done it..............I or should that be we are the new owners of the last Rowan medical tin top syncro.!!

It looks and drives brilliantly but I have no doubt that things will need sorting a bit. Its got an Audi 5 pot 2.1 or is it 2.2 in the back, really tight fit but runs well. Bare canvas interior, so on look out for a rock and roll bed frame similar to my Devon. A cooker/sink as well. Also on lookout for a drivers seat as its pretty worn, pastal grey patterned. Got to sort lockers as they havnt been used in a while and appear to have seized up.

The ex owners are really nice guys as i'm sure a few of you will know, and I dont think they really wanted to part with "Nursie" as she's been re-christaned.

So the journey begins..........syncronytus and deep pockets have started. There's no hope!

Think i'm going to LPG her, its running a single downdraught carb so should be a simple open loop system like on my 2.0cu. Any thoughts?

The idea is for me to use as my everyday transport with a few Syncronaut adventures etc Wish us luck.

Can I rejoin as my old Syncronaut number (think it was 6) :ok
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Re: Im so excited!!!!

Post by tforturton »

Where's the pictures then?
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Shine on crazy Syncronaut !!!!!!! :ok
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

crazydiamond wrote:Well after all these years being a Syncro wannaby i've gone and done it..............I or should that be we are the new owners of the last Rowan medical tin top syncro.!!

It looks and drives brilliantly but I have no doubt that things will need sorting a bit. Its got an Audi 5 pot 2.1 or is it 2.2 in the back, really tight fit but runs well. Bare canvas interior, so on look out for a rock and roll bed frame similar to my Devon. A cooker/sink as well. Also on lookout for a drivers seat as its pretty worn, pastal grey patterned. Got to sort lockers as they havnt been used in a while and appear to have seized up.

The ex owners are really nice guys as i'm sure a few of you will know, and I dont think they really wanted to part with "Nursie" as she's been re-christaned.

So the journey begins..........syncronytus and deep pockets have started. There's no hope!

Think i'm going to LPG her, its running a single downdraught carb so should be a simple open loop system like on my 2.0cu. Any thoughts?

The idea is for me to use as my everyday transport with a few Syncronaut adventures etc Wish us luck.

Can I rejoin as my old Syncronaut number (think it was 6) :ok

About time too :lol: If you need any help give me a shout :ok

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

Peninsulakid
80-90 Mem No: 8867

Post by Peninsulakid »

Top effort. Enjoy the journey. There's no known cure for Syncro Fever.

Being in Kiddie your well placed for engine advice from Mario and Gearbox and everything else from Aidan.

Welcome on board.

Cheers Rich
PeninsulaKid

New vans are great but they just ain't got no soul!

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

He he he.. well done..

get it and give it a good going over.. post some pics..

eltee
80-90 Mem No: 8417

Post by eltee »

Syncrobaz wrote:Shine on crazy Syncronaut !!!!!!! :ok

Started reading this and also thought " shine on" but you beat me to it
91 syncro ex bundeswehr

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

No. 10 Geoff ?
Of course now pay up all those lost years :-)

Well done... quite a well known vehicle. 2.2 I think
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

crazydiamond

Post by crazydiamond »

No 10 eh! Well clive I will certainly be re-joining. got a load of things to do to get "Nursie" how we want her, and for insurance purposes i've got to camperise her. But thinking is a removable cross vehicle unit against the half height bulkhead with cooker/sink/cupboard etc . fix diff lock acutators, have to look-up how to. got a slight misfire I think so have to sort that. bit of paintwork with the start of a little seam rash, possible some A/T's on some 15" rims, the M/T''s are very hard for everyday driving but we will see. Early days yet, ive only done about 50miles so far. Fit rock and roll bed and fabricate an inside rear spare wheel carrier. The list keeps getting longer. Pics? I have got a fliker account to resize them but I cant get the link. Can someone point me to the "how to post pics on the site please. :ok

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

FWIW you can still get a Weber 32/34 DMTL conversion kit for that engine, I have all the base jetting data for the 1.9 version from WebCon as they are just up the road from me. I put the LT 2.4 jetted carb kit on our syncro's 2.1 and it works straight out of the box, but could do with half an hour on the rollers. Mpg is better than the Pierburg and it's got more go.
If you're going lpg, consider a BLOS lpg carb, there's a bit of plumbing to do (in the middle of doing my efi 5-pot right now) and with the carb you'll need a similar induction setup to what's installed on our syncro, but if the claims are true they perform miles better than crude induction/venturi gas setups.
They can be close-loop controlled too, maybe speak to Campershak?

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Try Glynwood for insurance, they do a 4x4 or classic cover so no need to 'camperise' immediately, and they offer 10 % discount for 80/90 members.
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

crazydiamond

Post by crazydiamond »

BLOS lpg carb have to look that up. Thanks. Steve at Gasure (pity he's so far away for me) says he can help also.

Without all the electronices and fuel injection, would the weber be better than the Stromber downdraght presently fitted?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Not familiar with it but I would guess that parts for the Stromberg will be hard to come by? Weber is fully supported for spares, jets are literally a few quid each, emulsion tubes more like 15. Shouldn't be 50 for a full set if you need all of them.
For lpg I would speak to Andy at Campershak, I am sure he's installed a few BLOS and they now have a custom tank solution for T3's IIRC. No comment otherwise.

crazydiamond

Post by crazydiamond »

Here it is in all its glory, Nursie the syncro!! \ive been to work and back today, and i'm still smilling :D Cant wait to get started improving her. All the people at work are really interested and amazed by her! If I had got an Audi R8 they would'nt have been so interested in fact I doubt whether they would even have noticed. !!

Drunk Aardvark
80-90 Mem No: 12270

Post by Drunk Aardvark »

Nice looking van!
Phil

1988 Syncro Caravelle 2.1WBX LHD Brown