16" oe steelies on a 14"

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

16" oe steelies on a 14"

Post by jes*b »

Is it possible to fit some 16" OE steels to my 14" Westy and shod them with something All Terrain. Not after anything aggressive just thinking of a straight forward solution to the lack of 14" AT's . If I invest in some 16" tyres I could swap them onto the panel and visa versa. Not interested in any body mods at this stage. I'm very happy with the ride and feel of the 14" road tyres but that are sh*te in the mud. Bambi on ice. Obviously I can look into 15" cheap steel options but trying to rationalise first.

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: 16" oe steelies on a 14"

Post by toomanytoys »

Yes.. but can catch on the arches and swing arms.. will raise the gearing a lot so will blunt the performancea lot.. 15" steels better option with at's

but.. I can highly rreconend the yokohama y354 supervans.. they are an all season tyre and both Aidan and I have found them very capable off road too.. really good all round tyre that has the mountain and snowflake winter approval for euro travels I winter too..

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

Something I posted last year..

"If you have 14" rims and cant afford to go to Mefro's etc.. this bit will be of interest...
4 weeks ago I fitted some 205r14 Yokohama Y354's.. after seeing Aidan performing well on them at a very slippery Coney Farm.. and I needed a new set of all seasons/AT as the winters were out..

Just done "ahem" thousand km to Croatia and back on them..
A little drop in pulling performance (over 185r14), but the better cruising ability more than made up for it.. speedo is now maybe 2-3km out at 100kmh, great to be traveling at what the speedo says rather than a good 10% less...
For an all season tyre they perform very well.. and they have proved themselves on slick muddy fields, gravel tracks, boulder infested forest tracks that hadn't been driven in 6 months. High mountain passes and v hot sunny days.. hours and hours on the motorway and the last 24 hours back through Germany and Belgium, miserable pouring rain...

If you are sticking with 14" rims.. and want a tyre for all year use that allows some offroad capability and winter approval.. then I don't think there is much better out there.. certainly much better than the winter vans I was running which were great in most conditions but were useless on wet grass..."

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

found these, pretty much the same size as the 205/80-14
http://www.nordkystens4x4.dk/shop/coope ... 9035p.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

205/80r14 yoko's are 72 quid on Oponeo at mo.. bargain.. I paid 90 last year....