new engine??

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ducce999s
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: new engine??

Post by ducce999s »

garyd wrote:Em,
if you're going to seriously consider a GTi engine then I suggest you have a good read of the many threads on the Brickyard alternative petrol engine forum.

If you're still interested after that, pm me an email address and I will send you a whole bunch of documents covering many aspects of the conversion, including the wiring which worries some people.

I have an AGG (MkIII Golf, 1998ish) engine in my syncro and am very pleased with it. Cruise at 70 quite happily and get 25 mpg.
Hi noticed that you mentioned that you had a lot's of info about converting to an AAG. I have one complete AAG with all electronic and cables from a Passat that I plan to put in one of my syncros. I have a lot's of diesel parts and some info from the net, but if you could mail me that's document that you have and any tips that you have would I be grateful.

Best regards Paul/Norway
Ducce999s@Gmail.com

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Took the liberty of sending you Gary's fab guide incase he's not online today :ok

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

Aha, I see my secretary has seen to this already.
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Sorry sir, will do it quicker next time.

Please stop making me sit on the naughty stair when I forget your sugar though :mrgreen:

ducce999s
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by ducce999s »

Thank's guy's B-) excellent service:-D