Contagious Diseases

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Peninsulakid
80-90 Mem No: 8867

Contagious Diseases

Post by Peninsulakid »

Hi folks

We must all admit that we suffer with "Syncro Fever". If we didn't we wouldn't be on here.

But there are various other diseases out there which we all need to be aware of.

I'm not sure if you can get inoculations to help, but awareness may be one step to help prevention.

About a 18 months ago I started to suffer from "Pinz Pox" Its almost as bad as Syncro Fever.

Symptom. Sleepiness nights worrying that you own the wrong vehicle and need to upgrade!

Remedy. Go for an off road day with a couple of Pinz owners. Findings were, that the T25 Syncro was able to stick with the Pinz boys off road. But had far more room inside to brew up/camp etc, and even more enlightening was how much better the T25 was on tarmac. The Pinz guys were really slow off the mark. Especially up any sort of incline.

Next up is a "Unimog Ulcer".

I seem to be suffering with this at present and doing my best to break through it. Seems to be a constant itch that needs scratching.

Symptoms.Sleepiness nights worrying that you own the wrong vehicle and need to upgrade!

Remedy. Not sure yet but planning a trip in the new year to investigate. Guessing that the increased size (width especially) will be a big hindrance, especially to UK laneing. Also on road manners will be poor as its so commercial. Poor MPG. Plus side, loads more space for a long overland trip.

Next up, "LT Leprosy". Jury is still out as this is a very close big brother to us and I'm guessing could be our best option for an "intercontinental expedition" vehicle. Down side is rarity of quality examples, parts etc. Would really like to try one out though, as I'm pretty sure that the experience would be quite enjoyable.

I'm sure there are a few more diseases out there that other members have had minor irritations with and any pre warnings would be greatly appreciated.

At the end of the day I keep coming back to the fact that the T25 Syncro is the best all rounder!!! :D :D :D :D

Cheers Rich

PS please note that I have note listed Landy's as an alternative, as we have all probably been there, discounted them, and realise that they are only for the uneducated
:run :run :run :run
PeninsulaKid

New vans are great but they just ain't got no soul!

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: Contagious Diseases

Post by ..lee.. »

You promised you'd never share those thoughts with the public. Lol.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

James cookitus is one to watch out for too!
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

I have suffered with all of the above with varying degrees over the last couple of years.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

Planning on a poultice to place on my cookitus in Edinburg soon :wink:

Peninsulakid

Post by Peninsulakid »

lloydy wrote
James cookitus is one to watch out for too!

Totally agree with that, it can also linger for a long time. The 4x4 version can be particularly nasty. Not sure if there is a known cure for it!
PeninsulaKid

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

:rofl :rofl :rofl
nice one Rich
I've wanted a unimog since I can remember.. nearly bought one jnstead of the doka..
As you have said.. the T25syncro.. hits all the right spots..

Another one is Volvonitus.. comes In 2 main strains the laplander and C303 variants.....
symptoms are the same as you describe...

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

i find that buying the vehicle in question and becoming very poor usually cures the disease :wink:
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

hugomonkey wrote:i find that buying the vehicle in question and becoming very poor usually cures the disease :wink:

He's right. I had a bad case of LT leprosy, and nearly succumbed, until my Doctor showed me my bank statements, and I managed to pull through. I seem to be in remission at the moment, but it could well flare up again at any time.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

Peninsulakid

Post by Peninsulakid »

Hey cheers Jas for the post in the "fed up with your syncro whats next thread"

I think I may be going down with Volvonitus for Christmas!! :D
PeninsulaKid

hugomonkey

Post by hugomonkey »

Peninsulakid wrote:Hey cheers Jas for the post in the "fed up with your syncro whats next thread"

I think I may be going down with Volvonitus for Christmas!! :D
here´s a little push :wink: this guy is about 2 miles from my house
http://www.bachint.dk/shop/frontpage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and little bit of MANFLU
http://www.guloggratis.dk/biler/lastbil ... n-8136-4x4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: :lol:
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peninsulakid

Post by Peninsulakid »

Top effort Jas.

Better get a few extra lottery tickets to help cure the Manflu, Volvonitus and A little bit of Scanbies!

I checked out the rest of his website. Have you seen how many Volvo TGB 6x6 he has? Do you know how much they are?
Cheers Rich
PeninsulaKid

hugomonkey

Post by hugomonkey »

Peninsulakid wrote:Top effort Jas.

Better get a few extra lottery tickets to help cure the Manflu, Volvonitus and A little bit of Scanbies!

I checked out the rest of his website. Have you seen how many Volvo TGB 6x6 he has? Do you know how much they are?
Cheers Rich
not sure what he wants for them but i just found a few in sweden for about 4-5 grand
Regards Jason

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

Jason, do you ever see any of those pesky LT 4x4s for sale over your way? Not that I want one of course (cough, cough), I was just wondering....you know, on medical grounds....
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

hugomonkey

Post by hugomonkey »

tforturton wrote:Jason, do you ever see any of those pesky LT 4x4s for sale over your way? Not that I want one of course (cough, cough), I was just wondering....you know, on medical grounds....
i said no to this one a couple of months ago as i thought it was too expensive, i can see if its still about
Regards Jason