Road trip

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Re: Road trip

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

silverbullet wrote:Don't go putting ideas in his head. He needs to stop worrying and learn to love the boxer :wink:

It's barely got 56,000 miles under it's wheels, after all :shock:

When I bought my westy it was less than 90 k miles and on its second WBX. It's best to do the conversion whilst the boxer is working and has a resale value. :wink:
Last edited by ninja.turtle007 on 29 Nov 2013, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

ninja.turtle007

jes*b wrote:fairs fair. It was smooth, quiet, & powerful and a joy on the motorway. I think the boss will be happy driving it, especially with the PS and as we all know thats half the battle.( Did i mention the vanity mirror light? :D )

Gemma drives ours with no problems now. It took a little while for her to get used to LHD.

Snap on the vanity mirror light! Jealous about the electric windows! It seems you have all the goodies. Does it have ABS?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

ninja.turtle007 wrote:
silverbullet wrote:Don't go putting ideas in his head. He needs to stop worrying and learn to love the boxer :wink:

It's barely got 56,000 miles under it's wheels, after all :shock:

When I bought mine westy it was less than 90 k miles and on its second WBX. It's best to do the conversion whilst the boxer is working and has a resale value. :wink:
From what I have seen Tom, this one is in another league altogether. It's another Unicorn and has led a very pampered life. All it needs is a decent oil cooler set up and maybe an EFI upgrade to get it into the 21st century.
It could only be better if it had an Oettinger 2500E in the back, we should be able to sort that in due course :wink:

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Of course, even being pessimistic, if that engine has got 40k left in it that could still be 5 -10 years of holiday motoring...

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

having driven this back from italy (more like Slovenia looking at the map) over a 1000 miles. i could not find fault with it. smooth, quiet, ample power, willing ness to pass with speed on the out side lane, drives like new, no rattles knocks or bangs, well on par (as good as) the unicorn. ohh and before people start on the mpg our westy only manages 50km more per tank, and i know what i would rather drive.

we flew out very early, a deal was done, then lost of paper work. we then fuelled up and drove pritty much non stop home, the only tools on board apart from me and jes was a butter knife i bought from the super market, so i could butter the bread we bought for the journey. what could go wrong? well nothing it's sitting at jes's and i guess he is still grinning, and thinking of chrome trim and vanity mirrors

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

Yep. Didn't have any qualms about 1000 mile trip home. Happy to put my efforts into sorting the jobs list for now . Petrol is well outside my comfort zone but then so is air con. A few rubber seals and bits of trim needed. Plus the removal of some choice Italian aftermarket decor ( all over ) . TBH having seen Paul's van first hand that was a whole new level of OE , this one is far from that but had so much going for it it had to come home. By the time I've had one good day out laning the paint job will be brought down to my level . MOT booked for tomorrow .

ninja.turtle007

jes*b wrote:Yep. Didn't have any qualms about 1000 mile trip home. Happy to put my efforts into sorting the jobs list for now . Petrol is well outside my comfort zone but then so is air con. A few rubber seals and bits of trim needed. Plus the removal of some choice Italian aftermarket decor ( all over ) . TBH having seen Paul's van first hand that was a whole new level of OE , this one is far from that but had so much going for it it had to come home. By the time I've had one good day out laning the paint job will be brought down to my level . MOT booked for tomorrow .

The Lane in Salisbury will sort the paint work for you! My windows and paint were pretty beaten up after that lane. Also bent a mud flap and ripped the tap off the waste tank.

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

jes*b wrote:( Did i mention the vanity mirror light? :D )

Sure if you buy a proper Syncro that will be standard! Bet you dont have one on the other side!
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

jes*b

Post by jes*b »

Of course it's also white and with twin squares. Not that I'm special or anything but I do appreciate the symmetry in the collection. Especially when all lined up in date order. Shame it's not brown inside. And it does have some really silly small wheels.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

And it does have some really silly small wheels.

which partially accounts for the great drive :ok

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Tom, I'm sure that with 3 syncros Jes won't be laning in his 'best' one !!! :) Pics ????
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Who knows? I would be thinking long and hard about keeping it safely under lock and key first.
Well done Jes. To the victor: the spoils.

jes*b

Post by jes*b »

Bought to use. Simple as that. The Doka is coming off the road at next MOT and I need to get my finger out and get the panel van up and running - it's still not registered. Never set out to own a fleet it's just worked out that way. Believe me I would have preferred not to have travelled the length and breadth of Europe looking at vans but if I think it's worth it I try not to let logistics get in the way.

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

nice !!!! :mrgreen:
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

jes*b

Post by jes*b »

Van needs a drop link ( broke on last roundabout before home !) and a few dust boots here and there , plus the fog light mod for mot. In the meantime..... One for the petrol heads - we had real trouble filling the tank as the petrol kept frothing up the filler neck to the extent that it was taking the best part of 15/20 mins to fill. A quick read tells me there are a variety of filler necks / tanks ?? Possible that something is blocked ( breather ?) or a some point something has split and the wrong part fitted in line ?