Memory Map...

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Memory Map...

Post by syncropatrick »

..is now working in my van. Found a 10 yr old laptop for free which runs it OK. GPS dongle, fresh laptop battery and 12v PSU were needed. Anyone got any overlays they'd care to share with me?
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Re: Memory Map...

Post by JennyTyger »

Loads :)
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

syncropatrick

Post by syncropatrick »

JennyTyger wrote:Loads :)

PM sent.

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Six or seven years back there was a website where you could download them for free.

Think it might have been something to do with GLASS :ok

joolsvw
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by joolsvw »

does this mean I can program a 1z ecu? I have an old laptop too. How would I do this?
Jools

People never ever cease to amaze me!

syncropatrick

Post by syncropatrick »

:?

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

joolsvw wrote:does this mean I can program a 1z ecu? I have an old laptop too. How would I do this?

You may struggle with navigation software! :D
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

:grin:
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Cableguy
80-90 Mem No: 8585

Post by Cableguy »

:rofl

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Moving on... that's just reminded me to sort out the power supply for my gobook dock. How are you nailing your laptop into the syncro Patrick?

syncropatrick

Post by syncropatrick »

silverbullet wrote:Moving on... that's just reminded me to sort out the power supply for my gobook dock. How are you nailing your laptop into the syncro Patrick?
RAM mounts look good, but seeing the laptop came for free I can't see myself spending much to mount it. For solo driving it'll be seat-belted to passenger seat, for two-up on passengers knees for now. Laptop is a bit of a luggable so may need a fold-out.slide-out map table from dash to hold it as its too big to fit on the dash! It'll get done in true bodger style, eventually. 8)

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

joolsvw wrote:does this mean I can program a 1z ecu? I have an old laptop too. How would I do this?

Memory Map is basically odnance survey maps in digital form. Few fancy whistles and bells like you can plot a route and it will do 3D fly bys etc etc. can plug a GPS dongle in and kind of use it as sat nav but it will tell you in real time where you are/have been but not where you are going ( or that's he it was years back, don't know if its changed) etc etc

Used to have the whole uk and Europe on my last laptop but leant the discs and never had them back :cry: used it loads for green landing in Croatia and was superb.

Overlays are pre plotted routes u can load onto it, same idea as using chinagraph pencils or fluorescent markers on a paper/laminated map. You then follow using your gps dongle or common sense :mrgreen: lots of off road types have them/swap them for laning ie swapping routes. Not sure how often maps are reprinted so you have to be careful due to NERC\CROW ( acts that killed laning in this country when miles of unmetalled roads were closed overnight to vehicles)

Have a look on the link

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/maps_uk_onland.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on 'maps' tab and that will give you overview of abilities etc.some of my info might be out of date as and when the digital mapping./ technology improves.

No such thing as a stupid Q bro, just stupid answers. :ok

BOXY
80-90 Mem No: 8826

Post by BOXY »

And you can run it on an old Navman satnav. I've got one I use for kayaking and another I use for mountain-biking.

2ltr Aircooled CU with twin Solex's & originally a 009 dizzie, but now back to standard.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

syncropatrick wrote:
silverbullet wrote:Moving on... that's just reminded me to sort out the power supply for my gobook dock. How are you nailing your laptop into the syncro Patrick?
RAM mounts look good, but seeing the laptop came for free I can't see myself spending much to mount it. For solo driving it'll be seat-belted to passenger seat, for two-up on passengers knees for now. Laptop is a bit of a luggable so may need a fold-out.slide-out map table from dash to hold it as its too big to fit on the dash! It'll get done in true bodger style, eventually. 8)

Here you go mate, made from bits and bobs out of my shed. Feel free to copy :ok

CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by JennyTyger »

Don't forget old laptops are quite heavy and when you are driving off-road they bounce around quite a lot. Whatever solution you come up you need to attach the laptop firmly to the mount (extra strong velcro is ideal for this) and you also need to support the screen so it does not slam shut accidentally, which would then probably make the laptop hibernate.
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding