What springs?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

zak
80-90 Mem No: 11553

What springs?

Post by zak »

Sorry more newbie questions, toying with dropping my camper back down to standard or close. Had a look in the wiki and a search but checking with the experts for advice.

The wiki says

Front Violet - Syncro.
Rear Green - syncro

Does it make a difference if its a camper? What springs would you recommend?

Its got a Futbus lift kit on it now, the rear springs are blue with shock extenders (about 40mm).

The fronts have the alloy spacers. Don't know what colour the springs are. Can I just remove the spacers here?

Would my 205/70 x 15's be OK on standard springs.

rgds

Les

RHD Holdsworth Syncro

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: What springs?

Post by Aidan »

Those rears are I think the MAD springs from Mike Ghia
try and find some colour paint marks on the fronts
Does it feel a bit wallowy at the front ? If so may be 2wd front springs, give lift at expense of compression rate
What dampers are on it ?
205/70/15 should clear the wheel arches on standard springs and dampers but depends on spec of the rims as to any possible interference

zak

Post by zak »

Aidan wrote:Those rears are I think the MAD springs from Mike Ghia
try and find some colour paint marks on the fronts
Does it feel a bit wallowy at the front ? If so may be 2wd front springs, give lift at expense of compression rate
What dampers are on it ?
205/70/15 should clear the wheel arches on standard springs and dampers but depends on spec of the rims as to any possible interference

Thanks again Aidan. I'll have a look for some paint marks in the morning. There doesn't seem to be any names on the dampers. Don't think its wallowy but then its the only T25 I've driven. The wheels are Mefros.
RHD Holdsworth Syncro

aisha
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by aisha »

If you're getting rid of your front spacers can I have first dibs?
:)

It seems the science of height is a bit variable - depends on how the vehicle is outfitted (mine's a westy - which are particularly heavy), and then if you're carrying 40kg of water, 10kgs of fridge, 10kgs of gas and four people it all adds up...
1985 Westfalia Joker, 1.6D CS.

zak

Post by zak »

aisha wrote:If you're getting rid of your front spacers can I have first dibs?
:)

It seems the science of height is a bit variable - depends on how the vehicle is outfitted (mine's a westy - which are particularly heavy), and then if you're carrying 40kg of water, 10kgs of fridge, 10kgs of gas and four people it all adds up...

Cheers aisha, Its a steadily growing queue!! I'll probably hang onto them for a while at least. I've got a full camper setup too, Mmm maybe I'll need to chuck the lift back on for big fully loaded (Cider etc) trips.

I cant find any paint code on my front springs, is it possible I can use those springs and just remove the spacers. And get new standard springs for the rear? Doesn't appear to be any labels on the shocks either.

rgds

Les
RHD Holdsworth Syncro

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

Judging by your pics the fronts have a shim so you can use your springs without them for standard ride height. The rears I have no idea.
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Std syncro springs.. deisel spacers n the resr and a small spacer on the front.. shock anti top out spacers. Job done...
Works for my doka.. and that gets loaded and used propper like.. and I am on 205r14' or 205/70r15 mudders..

zak

Post by zak »

Thanks chaps, but where dya get those spacers?
RHD Holdsworth Syncro