Cheapie front outer cv's???

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: Cheapie front outer cv's???

Post by ..lee.. »

i`ve fitted a few of these and no complaints so far. riches panel van had them and that kept up with the pinzgauers without breaking them. i know simon was thinking of stocking them as a no guarantee cheapie part but dont know if he got around to testing them. personally i would be willing to give them a go on my vans but under the understanding they are what they are.

someone had a very bad experiance a while ago with cheap cv joints that syncrospares sourced, dont know if they are the same make though.

lee.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

..lee.. wrote:i`ve fitted a few of these and no complaints so far. riches panel van had them and that kept up with the pinzgauers without breaking them. i know simon was thinking of stocking them as a no guarantee cheapie part but dont know if he got around to testing them. personally i would be willing to give them a go on my vans but under the understanding they are what they are.

someone had a very bad experiance a while ago with cheap cv joints that syncrospares sourced, dont know if they are the same make though.

lee.

Did they have the seal?
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Mine was NOT from syncrospares !! :roll:
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

yes tom they come with the seal ring and seal fitted.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

What was the very bad experience? Losing a wheel has to be the worst case...anything else is just a mild inconvenience in comparison..!

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

its on this thread
http://archive.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic ... s+cv+joint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Post by v-lux »

I bought one a few days back from veedubmachine and it doesn't have the seal.

Has a shoulder machined into the body that'll accept the seal Aidan mentioned.

Where did yours come from Baz?

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

We can get these and sell them a fair bit cheaper than that.
I've just left them alone as they just seemed too cheap.
If they are on and working for people then we'll stick them on the webshop.
We have a couple of pallets coming from JP in the next day or so, we'll stick them on the next order.
The bad ones in the past were "interparts", who seem to has disappeared from TecDoc so maybe they went bump or rebranded?
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

DSM
80-90 Mem No: 1274

Post by DSM »

..lee.. wrote:i`ve fitted a few of these and no complaints so far. riches panel van had them and that kept up with the pinzgauers without breaking them. i know simon was thinking of stocking them as a no guarantee cheapie part but dont know if he got around to testing them. personally i would be willing to give them a go on my vans but under the understanding they are what they are.

lee.
Lee Is that the yellow one that I bought? Any idea on the miles done as I will post a report during the strip down and rebuild after Christmas.

cheers Duncan.

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Simon Baxter wrote:We can get these and sell them a fair bit cheaper than that.
I've just left them alone as they just seemed too cheap.
If they are on and working for people then we'll stick them on the webshop.
We have a couple of pallets coming from JP in the next day or so, we'll stick them on the next order.
The bad ones in the past were "interparts", who seem to has disappeared from TecDoc so maybe they went bump or rebranded?

Ok.. put me down for a pair please Si.. especially if they now have the seals on..

ninja.turtle007

I emailed Veedubmachine about the CV's. To ask if theirs currently have the seal. They opened the boxes and 2 had the seal and 1 didn't. They also said that the latest catalogue the joint is still shown without the seal.

I'm now going to fit one with the seal and use the one without it as a spare and source a seal for it.

Syncrobaz

Post by Syncrobaz »

Just ordered a spare from veedbubmachine 'cos the clip on the opposite side to the recently fitted one fell off at Salisbury and am waiting for the 'clickedy click' !!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

ps. Just phoned Pete 01209 314206 to check the seal is fitted, He's not sending them out without it :ok
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Duncan,

It's not any wear you'll be looking for, the issue with the cheap Interparts ones was sudden fracture failures... leading to loss of front drive if not difflocked up. It'd probably take crack detection methods to see anything until bang, it's broken.

I reckon that it was one of the heat treatment stages missing, which can be an expensive bit of manufacturing, possibly an intermediate toughening treatment (double shuffle nusiance in production)

Anyway, so far so good with these from (hopefully) a different source.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

ninja.turtle007

Syncrobaz wrote:Just ordered a spare from veedbubmachine 'cos the clip on the opposite side to the recently fitted one fell off at Salisbury and am waiting for the 'clickedy click' !!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

ps. Just phoned Pete 01209 314206 to check the seal is fitted, He's not sending them out without it :ok

They have no more left then as I had the first one and you had the second. The other one they have in stock is without the seal.

Syncrobaz

Post by Syncrobaz »

He's getting another batch in with seals, if anyone needs my spare give me a shout, sounds like Simon is going to stock them soon so can replace with one of his. :D
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"