Syncroandy

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Syncroandy

Post by v-lux »

Anyone know the whereabouts of syncroandy?

I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask him, but no reply from text msg.

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Syncroandy

Post by max and caddy »

He is still with us...saw him a week ago...he did say he was going away to live with Eskimos or summat but shoud be back soon.

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Post by v-lux »

Ahh, perhaps he's in the wilderness somewhere then, all good!

Dai
80-90 Mem No: 288

Post by Dai »

max and caddy wrote:He is still with us...saw him a week ago...he did say he was going away to live with Eskimos or summat but shoud be back soon.

I've also tried to contact him recently with no luck, hopefully he'll get back to me when he gets back
80-90 No.....288
Syncro No.....52

EJ25 Syncro van with Reimo/Dubteriors conversion
daisyncro@gmail.com

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

he is now about...told him folk are after him today..he replied..by text..

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

He's off to play with the Reindeer in February

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

is he going away for a while?

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

Hi All !

Contrary to rumours I'm still pursuing my interests in things Syncro and TDI, but been sharing these with other interests in the last few months, so not been on the forum at all.

My phone DOES work, maybe Al got the wrong idea 'cos it took me all of 2 minutes to reply to his text ! (Or maybe the telecoms gods decided to bin it before it got to Al ... ?)

Dai, yes I owe you a reply to your text, of course you're welcome to call me anytime.. :-)

I'm just finishing off a TDI harness for a customer at the moment, and have a bit of work coming up in January, but my order book is otherwise clear so if anyone needs any electrics work doing let me know. I will also consider doing complete swaps as well, or assisting if needed (for cash or whatever).

I won't be able to take on any work at the end of Jan / start of Feb, as I've joined a group of bushcrafters going up to northern Sweden to do some survival type activities, and attend the 400-year old Sami market which takes place at Jokkmokk each February.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Instead of getting cold and spending your money in Sweden, watch Doomsday Preppers on sky- all you need to know and still be able to sit in your fav armchair and still reach ashtray/tinny/remote! :ok :mrgreen:

syncroandy
Trader

Post by syncroandy »

ELVIS wrote:Instead of getting cold and spending your money in Sweden, watch Doomsday Preppers on sky- all you need to know and still be able to sit in your fav armchair and still reach ashtray/tinny/remote! :ok :mrgreen:

But I wouldn't be able to watch the night sky full of 180 degrees of northern lights, nor share a tincture with me mates round the camp fire..
Syncrosport

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

syncroandy wrote:tincture

Great vocab

Roving Rich
80-90 Mem No: 10828

Post by Roving Rich »

Sounds like fun, why don't you go in your Syncro ?
Cheers
Rich
1986 Yellow Syncro Panel Van camper conversion. 19TDi 1Z Engine conversion

syncroandy
Trader

Post by syncroandy »

My Syncro camper would need some prep work to handle the potential temps we're planning for (possibly -40c) and I think it would still be a bit dicey, and I only decided to join the trip fairly late on in the planning.

So what with getting all my personal gear sorted out I wouldn't really have had time to sort the Syncro. If it did get really cold I could be lumbered with a dead vehicle which would be inconvenient to say the least. Public transport over there does seem to be pretty good.

Maybe next time !
Syncrosport

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

taigagreen
80-90 Mem No: 9831

Post by taigagreen »

Dont travel in northern Scandinavia with a tdi in the winter..... I took a JX T3 into Sweden and -32 a couple years back. The car actually froze to a standstill. The diesel became so thick on its way from the tank to the engine that it couldnt pass the fuel filter. Adding insulation to fuel lines, coolant lines and installing a webasto or similar is a must if youre driving a modern diesel in these condition. And fresh glow plugs!

Maybe well meet in Jokkmokk :D
Now
88 Westfalia syncro AAZ i/c
91 Caravelle syncro DJ
89 doka syncro DJ
89 Westfalia California JX
84 Reimo Camper 1.9 WBX
90 Caravelle Coach JX
98 Sharan 110hp TDi

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

taigagreen wrote:Dont travel in northern Scandinavia with a tdi in the winter..... I took a JX T3 into Sweden and -32 a couple years back. The car actually froze to a standstill. The diesel became so thick on its way from the tank to the engine that it couldnt pass the fuel filter. Adding insulation to fuel lines, coolant lines and installing a webasto or similar is a must if youre driving a modern diesel in these condition. And fresh glow plugs!

Maybe well meet in Jokkmokk :D

taigagreen wrote:
jed the spread wrote:I am sure taigagreen will agree but you will need a coolant heater at the very least especially if you have a diesel. Also depends a lot on what conversion you have.

Jed

Well if your glowplugs are allright, you shouldnt have a problem. JX and AAZs ususally generate enough heat to warm up the car properly. TDIs tend not to but all Scandinavian TDIs have a coolant heater that starts when the temp is about +5C. Or are you thinking of the Eberspächer/Webasto kind to heat up your car before you start it? Both are nice and a comfy solution. But not necessary if timing, and glowplugs are ok.

Which one is it then :? I like to keep notes that come straight from the horses mouth incase I plan to travel to a country and kind of save info up.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More