BLOWER AGAIN!

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

TOMMY THE CAT
80-90 Mem No: 48

BLOWER AGAIN!

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Well its 3 1/2 weeks to my better half breaks uP for school holidays!(shes a teacher b4 you think I have strange tendencies) so its damn time I get the blower working! Was working but did sometimes stop on all speeds then packed in on all speeds. Blower? Anything else? 12v at the switch so juice there what is the fuse meant to be? 16a ? What no(in the fuse box) is it on derv 1983?
Secondly going to change the cable to the hot/cold valve any idea who does these and part no?
Finally when the van is on a run (no blower on obviously!) I get heat still coming from the vents when the gauge is on cold. Is it possible that the valve is staying slightly open I have tried pushing the valve over maually as far as poss but I still get heat? Not so good in summer! :roll:
Thanks in advance D

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Mine stopped yesterday and I wiggled relay 18 and it came on then went off again wiggled again and it stopped on
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

TOMMY THE CAT

ooo err

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

I'm good a wiggling.... matron where the frel is relay 18 ? Im guessing in the fuse cluser...... Got a flippin haynes somewhere!D

kevtherev

Post by kevtherev »

yes it's in the glove box along with fuse No 10 (16A) the relay has "18" written on it

kevtherev

Post by kevtherev »

and there's a voltage resistor attached to the motor I think for the three speeds

I don't think the relay is to do with the heater but there's a lot of wires behind the relay panel ...I may have had a short

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Maybe the switch is foobard. GSF do them for around a fiver (vw ones with the part number melted off...probably brazilian)

purplechugster
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: BLOWER AGAIN!

Post by purplechugster »

TOMMY THE CAT wrote: Finally when the van is on a run (no blower on obviously!) I get heat still coming from the vents when the gauge is on cold. Is it possible that the valve is staying slightly open I have tried pushing the valve over maually as far as poss but I still get heat? Not so good in summer! :roll:

Mine does that :roll:
Had a look at the valve, and replaced it, and all seems well - but still hot-ish air coming through. I've resigned myself to driving in a pair of shorts with the windows open in summer 8)
One T25 in London, another one in Sydney.

Dan Wood
80-90 Mem No: 2309

Post by Dan Wood »

Lucky you. When ours is on 'hot' we're lucky if we get any warm air!

rowlesy
80-90 Mem No: 1289

Post by rowlesy »

if youre fans knackered ive got a comlete unit for sale in classifieds!! and the valve has a groove allround it to stop the pipes from pursting in the event of a blockage!! (if you take youre valve out and look tru it and open and close it you will see the groove)
everytime you masterbate god kills a kitten! member 1289 does this still mean owt?

TOMMY THE CAT

sorry

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Yea I know it may seem a bit unfair complaining about heat in a camper( been in a bay recently) but it can get a bit too much when its warm!
Anyway I think that the switch is ok as I have had a meter on it and from the positive to position 1 2 3 I get 12v when switches over...... now it has always been a bit dicky but used to go off but it normally came back on!
No noises from the fan to suggest it might be sticking.
I am just putting off the inevitable dash out. :x
Valve I think I may just change part no? Hot cold cable?
Thanks for your suggestions D

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

the blower switch is well worth changing for £6 and gsf