drip drip drip oil leak question

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Kool-Kamper

drip drip drip oil leak question

Post by Kool-Kamper »

Hi all,
I have a leak of oil coming from my 1.6td engine.
Initially I think it is coming from the sump plug. I know my husband last did the oil change and said he thinks he has stripped the thread! I was wondering how I would fix this and also can I use instant gasket to help seal it for now?
Thanks
oh if anyone fancies a fun weekend searching for dripping oil let me know!!

skell
80-90 Mem No: 1297

Post by skell »

did you put a new copper washer on? Imay have one floatingabout the place but my garage is a bit of a mare at the moment..., whatever you do you'll have to collect the oil in something clean and put it back in, or stick fresh oil in. Mines doing it to, and the oil filler flange since i fitted td sump, but at least there's nowt coming out the crankshaft now.
skell
1984 AAZ twin slider 'velle

Kool-Kamper

Post by Kool-Kamper »

COPPER WASHER!! doubt it ! thinking of draining it all out and starting again, got new oil filter now aswell.........must do something looks like a dot to dot out there now or a spot where she parks it game!

violinman

Post by violinman »

I reckon this problem is usually because a new copper washer wasn't used , assuming the oil change has just been done. If it's a leak that has started between oil changes it may well be another problem. It's difficult - but not impossible - to strip the thread , but again , this would happen whilst the oil change was done , not start leaking later.