Instructions for removing head gasket???

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

artymax
80-90 Mem No: 2767

Instructions for removing head gasket???

Post by artymax »

does anyone know where i can find some instructions for doing this myself so i can check it out for cracks etc?

1988 1.7 diesel T25 watercooled

cheeers
Short for Maxine..... I'm a GIRLY!!!

"wanna flake with that??????"

mister smith
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mister smith »

Hi there, artymax, what makes you think it's cracked?

you don't tend to remove a gasket like that to check it, once it comes off, you tend to stick a new one on, regardless. Along with new stretch bolts, exhaust gasket, inlet gasket, etc. etc.

Not wanting to sound mean, or put you off, but if you don't understand the basic process, you probably shouldn't be taking the cylinder head off at all. It's not a simple task, such as swapping an alternator or something, you're actually splitting the engine. It's quite an involved job.

If you get a haynes manual for the van or that specific engine, you will find all the info you need in there, along with a list of tools needed & other replacement parts (such as all the other gaskets on the head). You probaby won't want to tackle it, but you'll understand whats going on with it all much better.

Which brings me back to: what makes you think it's cracked? If it is, there will be symptoms (some worse than others) that will tell you if it is or not.

Give us a clue.... :D