1.6td fuse box accessory connection help please.

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

1.6td fuse box accessory connection help please.

Post by camper »

I am putting a cigerette accessory lighter socket in to the front dash.This will be the supply connection for a removable sat nav.I have a 1990 1.6td van i need advice where to connect on to the fuse box .I dont want to break into a existing wire if i have to.Any advice with regard to identifing where on the fuse box appreciated.I looked at the wiki and can identify on the fuse box diagram no3 10amp fuse is for the cigaratte lighter radio clock interior lights central locking system.I suppose then you break into the supply wire from it.I would like to use a connection on the box.

Ivorblueun
80-90 Mem No: 1407

Post by Ivorblueun »

if you look on the back of the fuse relay panel top left you will see a heavy duty red cable connected to it next to there should be some spare connectors from which you can pick up 12v it wont be fused so you will need put fuse in the line
Stu

mine was a blue 89 Td Hitop

camper

Post by camper »

Thanks i saw these spade connectors but wondered if they had anythink to do with the relays on the other side.

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

Like Ivor said, take a feed from one of the terminals, and the earth connection is on a "Xmas tree" bolted to the sidewall next to the fusebox, loadsa brown wires connected to `em (should be 2 with some spare terminals)
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

camper

Post by camper »

Okay i will connect to one of the large spade terminals using a in line fuse to the cigarette accessory socket.Thanks for your replies with advice.

camper

Post by camper »

Connected wires as adviced okay thanks again.