engine trouble

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

klegnuts
80-90 Mem No: 2011

engine trouble

Post by klegnuts »

Help,I have just spent £800 having my crank reground and my engine overhauled (its a " litre CU Aircooled) to find out that the main bearings are not standard.Apparently I need oversized bearings 0.75 larger on the inner diameter and 0.5 on the outer?I can't get them anywhere,I have been told my best bet is to get a second hand crank case.This is what my mechanic is saying and we have rung everyone in the volksworld adds and come up blank,Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.Cheers.Help,I have just spent £800 having my crank reground and my engine overhauled (its a " litre CU Aircooled) to find out that the main bearings are not standard.Apparently I need oversized bearings 0.75 larger on the inner diameter and 0.5 on the outer?I can't get them anywhere,I have been told my best bet is to get a second hand crank case.This is what my mechanic is saying and we have rung everyone in the volksworld adds and come up blank,Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.Cheers

futurecut
80-90 Mem No: 2407

Post by futurecut »

That two engines or just one then? You could try spannerack- i think he is master of some kind of Aircooled aladdins cave though if he had anything he'd probably have offered it by now.

geordie skydiver
80-90 Mem No: 2988

Post by geordie skydiver »

I have a blown 2.0L CU engine sat here. Pretty much complete.

If its any good, you can have it for £100.

I was gonna rebuild it eventually.
Lee

Learn to skydive with me.... www.skydiveacademy.org.uk