Drilling a fibre glass roof

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Easy Tiger
80-90 Mem No: 3249

Drilling a fibre glass roof

Post by Easy Tiger »

Hi all,

I've just bought some roofbars from Ebay (thanks for the tip off Jed) - my original plan was to use some b*st*rd strength glue on them - however on closer inspection this doesnt seem like the best/easiest idea.
I'm not really feeling confident enough to drill into my poptop and figure I'd rather pay someone to do it.

I was wondering if anyone knew of and could recommend some kind of bodywork place that could do the job - ideally in Oxfordshire but realistically anywhere recommended as long as it isnt scarily far!!

cheers

John.

p.s I just spent Sunday angle-grinding out the few rust patches I had so my confidence is growing - soon I'll be stripping the van down with a blindfold on (erm maybe not!! :)

Ivor Brownun
80-90 Mem No: 732

Post by Ivor Brownun »

Hi John why would you be wanting to drill that imaculate Holdsworth pop top any way? I would think you're better off doing it yourself, if Jeds done it ask him how he kept his watertight.
Member 732,

Other-Power
80-90 Mem No: 3353

Post by Other-Power »

Got to ask as well i want to mount a solar panel on my westy but will need to drill some holes. Am thinking of angle braket and stainless steel bolts with rubber washers.

Any advice??

Jon
Its big, Its Blue, Its mine!