Fitting vdo gauges

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Fitting vdo gauges

Post by PC52 »

I am about to fit oil pressure and oil temperature vdo gauge from an audi coupe. I have a query relating to where I fit the sensors. When I did this on my bay (2l) the oil temp replaced the sump bung and the oil pressure went on the tree to the oil light switch. Is it still the same for mine. 2.1 petrol syncro doka ? I've got to say that I am not overly keen on fitting the oil temp to the sump bung because when I go off road it could be vulnerable in certain situations - any ideas please and part numbers for sensors would be helpful.

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

There are multiway adaptors that turn one sensor hole into many and oil filter sandwich plates with sensor holes available, both about £30 so it's your choice.

If you find the sender info could you post back because I can't see that myself.
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

fitting vdo gauges

Post by PC52 »

I have been doing a bit of research on this topic and I have found these chaps in the states - well detailed and written in clear american!

http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagonparts.js ... 1401786957

I am waiting for a reply regarding oil temperature stuff.

airhead
80-90 Mem No: 2980

Post by airhead »

Having the sensor in the bottom of the engine is not a great idea because the oil at the bottom of the engine will be cooler anyway. You need it to be up near or in the cylinder head.
Ross

1987 1.9td Leisuredrive camper.