Petrol leak!

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sir Chad
80-90 Mem No: 3969

Petrol leak!

Post by Sir Chad »

Hello,
I've just started driving my wedge on a regular basis (after about 6 sporadic months of GTi engine conversion) I took it to the petrol station and filled it up, paid for my fuel then noticed a big puddle underneath her, looked underneath and it looked like fuel was coming out from somewhere near the top of the tank, on the opposite side to the filler.
Is there a breather pipe or something that I should replace?
I've recently done all the feed and return pipes to the engine, checked and they're all sound.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Chad

owlets

Post by owlets »

there are expansion tanks in the front wheel arches sort of........the pipes to them do go..........mine used to do that if you brimmed it

lambrettalee

Post by lambrettalee »

owlets is correct mate, follow the pipes with your hand through to the top of the tank,from the expansion tank under the arch, take the wheel off to gain access, its probably the bung that the pipes passes through on its way in to the fuel tank, it may have just come out slightly, or at worst perished, very easy to replace...

Sir Chad
80-90 Mem No: 3969

Post by Sir Chad »

Cheers for the help :D