temperature senders

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

leroy99
80-90 Mem No: 0

temperature senders

Post by leroy99 »

ive now got my 2ltr CU engine up and running but i want to keep an eye on the engine temp. ive got a temp vdo gauge but wanted to know if i can attach a sender of some type to my engine with out major mods and would this connect to my vdo gauge, sorry to sound tarded but ive got little knowlege in this area (even though i rebuilt the engine). cheers

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

I'm sorta looking at this myself from an oil temp point of view. There are sandwich plates you can get for the oil filter which have the right sized hole for senders though not sure what filter fittings are like on air cold. There is a sump bung you can get with a hole for a temp sender though again I don't know what yer bung is like (it wont do mine) and I believe there is some kind of dipstick kit you can get for aircolds but I've never seen one of them.

The first two are available from ebay stores right now, I seem to recall JK or someone did the dipstick thing.
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

dipstick temp sender is the straight type for bays or beetles wouldnt go around the curve on CU, CU sump is a plate with centre bolt so no joy there either. I think you'd need to rig up something yourself.
member 1168

leroy99
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by leroy99 »

ive got a spare sump plate in the garage to practice on, might try and weld and tapp a thread off-center for a sender (ie.half way between the central securing bolt and the edge of the plate) just wary about overheating.

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

What about the oil filter sandwich plate? Any reason that wouldn't work?

Does the CU have an oil pressure switch? There is a multi sensor adapter thinger that makes one hole into three.
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.