I'm having a bad night!!!!!

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sventhrusta
80-90 Mem No: 3391

I'm having a bad night!!!!!

Post by sventhrusta »

On the way to work tonight I'm cruising along nicely,temp gague where it should be etc,start to go up this hill in 3rd,quite steep,and it starts to back fire.So back off revs and try again still backfires then cut out.Ah well I've got me mobile-low battery,and the AA is a premium line :evil: -ie not free from mobiles,cant get through to speak to a real person and it ropbs me of most of me credit.I'm on A50 v.busy so put out me triangle-three coppers drive past-not one stops-ah well they know I've paid me tax,etc.Have a look under the lid-pain in the ass(its a Gipsy)nothing obvious-coolant level ok, no oil were it shouldn't be.takes dssy cap off,ferks around in dark with rotor arm.put it all back and it starts and gets me to work-no problem.Sounds fine.? any ideas on what it could be(DG engine)could the rev limiter have kicked in and stayed in? Just been out to try it and it appears to be running fine now :?
Last edited by sventhrusta on 15 Mar 2007, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Not waving but drowning.

sventhrusta

Post by sventhrusta »

........And no one obviously cares.
Not waving but drowning.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

maybe its becase people sleep at night :D

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

charlie brown syndrome
80-90 Mem No: 8272

Post by charlie brown syndrome »

best thing to do now is to see if the hesitation /backfiring happens again,
its going to be difficult to pinpoint a problem like that, until it actually becomes a fault,
i would check the dizzy cap and rotor arm, plugs and leads and even get the carb cleaned (if its a carb model engine)
it could have even been some dodgy petrol,
if/when any problems or syptoms occur again, post it up, people will try and help on here, i just think it was late when you posted up last time thats all

sventhrusta

Post by sventhrusta »

charlie brown syndrome wrote:best thing to do now is to see if the hesitation /backfiring happens again,
its going to be difficult to pinpoint a problem like that, until it actually becomes a fault,
i would check the dizzy cap and rotor arm, plugs and leads and even get the carb cleaned (if its a carb model engine)
it could have even been some dodgy petrol,
if/when any problems or syptoms occur again, post it up, people will try and help on here, i just think it was late when you posted up last time thats all
Just drove home from work good 17 mile thrash-perfect-sorry didn't realise it was that late when I posted-thats what happens when you work nights.Had a look at rotor arm-rev limiter type and it looks abit worn-will start there and work back.
Not waving but drowning.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Just had the same problems with mine - would run ace sometimes, then at others backfiring and stuttering. Have replaces dis cap and rotor arm for lees thatn a tenner, and all is now well (for the moment at least!).

sventhrusta

Post by sventhrusta »

Think this may be the problem-sticking rev limiter
Not waving but drowning.