Diesel Pump, finding No1 position

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

futbus
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1266

Diesel Pump, finding No1 position

Post by futbus »

I have an aaz with the original pump that has been removed and the pulley has been removed. I know how to find the tdc point on the pump but how do you find No1 firing postion. I can take a few pictures to show problem if any help.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Good question Dave, I'm waiting for an answer too... being in this state with it :wink:

I'll point a man that knows at this thread tomorrow, fingers crossed
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

Kermit
80-90 Mem No: 1211

Post by Kermit »

Before I say too much I must say I don't really know..

But, in theory if you can poor diesel into the blanked of port where the plunger is (where you set the timing from) and the plunger is in the correct position oil will flow through the plunger and to No1 Delivery valve port (obviouslly removing the No1 delivery valve first otherwise the oil will not be able to overcome the spring)

Kerr

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Andy Simpson will confirm this I hope, but the sprocket for the pump has only one registration hole and only one keyway for the pump spindle.

If the engine is at TDC No. 1, the cam is set correctly (steel plate at back) and the pin in the pump sprocket, that should guarantee everything necessary is aligned, ne'st pas?

e.g. even though the pump turns at half engine speed, its not the same situation as a dizzie, which doesn't have a rotor registration key.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

andysimpson
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andysimpson »

HarryMann wrote:Andy Simpson will confirm this I hope, but the sprocket for the pump has only one registration hole and only one keyway for the pump spindle.

If the engine is at TDC No. 1, the cam is set correctly (steel plate at back) and the pin in the pump sprocket, that should guarantee everything necessary is aligned, ne'st pas?

e.g. even though the pump turns at half engine speed, its not the same situation as a dizzie, which doesn't have a rotor registration key.

Yes thats right, pump will just need setting up with a dial gauge or very good hearing.